my daughter (11 3/4 months) hates the bottle, is it time to move on?

My daughter turns 1 on the 5th. She is on all table foods, but we still give her a bottle in the morning and at night. For the past week she screams and pushes the bottle away when we offer it to her. Once (this morning) I said ok and put the bottle down and she got upset and I offered it to her and she took it. Does this mean she is done with the bottle and I should stop giving her formula and just give her all food? I know you stop with the bottle around 1 anyway, right? Has anyone experienced this?

gottalovemal

Asked by gottalovemal at 7:53 PM on Aug. 26, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• If she really hates her bottle then maybe it's time to move on to a sippy cup. Your fortunate, most children tend to cling to their bottles.
    L.A.F.outloud

Answer by L.A.F.outloud at 7:58 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• give it a shot
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 7:55 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• yeah shes def ready to ditch the bottle and the formula and move on to regular milk and sugar free juices... yayyyy!!! at least she gave it up so easy and you didnt have a problem weaning her off of it... lucky mother you are
    FITmama2B

Answer by FITmama2B at 7:59 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• I would move on to the sippy cup. She may just be ready to make the move. I'm having the hardest time trying to move mine to the cup...he just looks at it, plays with it, and chews on it :) consider yourself lucky.
    Finkette

Answer by Finkette at 8:00 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• yes, time to move from the bottle.
    Roadfamily6now

Answer by Roadfamily6now at 8:00 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• Maybe put it in a cup for her? I know my friends who have FF switch to the toddler formula and put it in a cup after the 2st birthday! It is 100% before for them than cows milk!
    clovismommy25

Answer by clovismommy25 at 8:01 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• I'd say go ahead and try using a cup with regular milk. My now 18 month old got rid of the bottle before his first birthday and started whole milk right on his birthday. Be thankful if she gives up the bottle so easily! Many don't want to give it up at all.
    montanagal2005

Answer by montanagal2005 at 8:01 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• You can move on yes. but not sippys. Sippys are not good for long term use as they are no better than bottles for tooth and jaw development. Use a straw cup. It is easier to use and it doesn't require tipping.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 8:02 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• Sounds like she's ready for the sippy cup, I'd switch her before she changes her mind.
    DesertRose75

Answer by DesertRose75 at 8:02 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• she'll drink from a cup it we pour it into her mouth, she really doesn't like sippy cups, she doesn't do them herself. She has always been easy, she has been sleeping through the night since she was like 4 months old and has always been on a great schedule, she never cries, she is just a peaceful baby, works well with change. I'm just surprised about this. I didn't know babys ever just up and decided they were done with something.
    gottalovemal

Comment by gottalovemal (original poster) at 8:02 PM on Aug. 26, 2010