How can I get over being jealous of people that can easily have kids?

dbnjmndrs

Asked by dbnjmndrs at 7:59 PM on Aug. 26, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• jealousy is a normal feeling, just the way you act and handle it is what matters.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 8:01 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• You just learn to accept. Jealousy has no benefits, it brings nothing good.
    And you learn to count your blessings and be grateful for the good things in your life.

Both of my children are adopted, having our own just wasn't meant to be.
    justnancyb

Answer by justnancyb at 8:02 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• you cant.... You want what they have.... you can however control how you react over it and ask your friends nicely to take your feelings into consideration... like if your best friend finds out shes pregnant tell her you are there for her when she wants to talk but you dont want to go baby shopping, etc..

they will understand... and when you finally do conceieve it will all be such a distant memory
    FITmama2B

Answer by FITmama2B at 8:02 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• When we are jealous we make ourselves extremly unhappy. No matter what it is! I used to get sad because other people were buying new homes and we don't have one yet!! I have to step back and look at how far I have come! I didn't even live in my own place five years ago! :)
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 9:36 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• Just adopted a child some people are just not meant to have them.

mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 9:52 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• I imagine that it is one of the hardest feeling to control, wanting to be a Mommy and not being able to then someone around us can. And sometimes it is not always the person the feel is going to be a very good Mommy, which makes it worse. Just tell yourself that you can not think that way because it will eat away at you and make you an unhappy person. I am sure in the back of your head you do not wish you struggles upon anyone. Hang in there, find your inner strength and try to be as positive as possible.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 4:14 AM on Aug. 27, 2010