what do you do with all your kids artwork?

My DD loves to do arts & crafts, which is great. But I am running out of room to put it all! What do you do with all the artwork?

stressedmomma13

Asked by stressedmomma13 at 8:02 PM on Aug. 26, 2010 in Hobbies & Crafts

• Some favorites are framed and hang in our family room. Others are put away in a drawer.
    justnancyb

Answer by justnancyb at 8:02 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• do you save each & every one?
    stressedmomma13

Comment by stressedmomma13 (original poster) at 8:03 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• I save some of it that I find special and take up close pictures of the rest and put it in a photo album.
    Syphon

Answer by Syphon at 8:03 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• I haven't yet, but I'm thinking about putting a string draped along the wall with clothes pins and pinning up their latest ones, and then as they create more, box up the old ones and replace them with the new.
    montanagal2005

Answer by montanagal2005 at 8:04 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• save the ones they are most proud of in a filing cabnit and wait till they turn into teenages and bring em out again... Its nice to look at a few pieces and remember those times
    FITmama2B

Answer by FITmama2B at 8:05 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• Save the cutest and the favorites and toss the rest. If I saved everything, it would've taken over my house and my kid is only 5!
    Mom_2_cuties

Answer by Mom_2_cuties at 8:08 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• Take pics of it and chuck it.
    Keep it in a memory box - but go through the box often to weed out stuff.
    Keep only the best of the best. You don't have to keep everything.
    MamaOfB

Answer by MamaOfB at 8:13 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• I save the special stuff, and everything else goes on the fridge for a week or 2 then gets tossed.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 8:14 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• Display for a week then toss. If it happens to be something wonderful you can buy one of the portfolio folders and put it under a bed or in a closet. Believe me this stuff will take over if you start trying to save everything. In the end the kids will toss them. They won't want tubs of their art work from years of school. The take a picture idea is a good one if you are that sentimental. grannywilson
    grannywilson

Answer by grannywilson at 8:21 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• We have several spots in our house where we have string hanging up. Then I take the art and hang it up with a clothespin on the string. It looks cute and it makes them feel special because their art is displayed around the house. It can really build a childs self esteem seeing that you take pride in what they do.
    hsmominky

Answer by hsmominky at 2:05 AM on Aug. 27, 2010