have you ever physically boycotted a place of business (for whatever reason)?

i mean with signs, rants and chants,etc.
(i'm not talking about a union-strike, job-related. ) it seems a lot of people will cheerlead others to boycott, but i can't say i've ever seen many people actually doing it.

dullscissors

Asked by dullscissors at 8:02 PM on Aug. 26, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Never have and never will.
    DesertRose75

Answer by DesertRose75 at 8:04 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• Boycott? Yes. Demonstrate? No. two different things.
    justnancyb

Answer by justnancyb at 8:03 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• Boycott yes, protest no. I was really pissed at starbucks a couple of years back and went to local coffee shops instead. Now its just habit to go elsewhere, but I can't remember what initially pissed me off so bad.... =P
    karamille

Answer by karamille at 8:07 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• No not in the sense that you mean. K-Mart screwed me over with a very large layaway at Christmas when my boys were little (they gave my (2) Step 2 Art Studio Desks to someone else and then backordered another set that didn't come in until March), so I haven't shopped there since 1995. When a business doesn't step up and do what's right, they will not see my money ever again and I make sure that others also know it. I guess I choose to use (or actually not use) my checkbook instead of a sign!
    WoodWitch

Answer by WoodWitch at 8:48 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• Have I been part of or organized a protest against place of business? No. Have I used my consumer power of choice to make selections and purchases based on what I believe is best for my family (organic, American made, etc. )? Yes.
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 9:54 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• No
    BandME

Answer by BandME at 8:04 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• I boycotted Wal Mart years ago. I tell others not to shop there, too, if they will listen. (They usually don't.) I have never marched in a demonstration.
    stacymomof2

Answer by stacymomof2 at 8:16 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• Not in the sense that I make any kind of sacrifice to avoid giving someone business (like those people who say they "boycott" WalMart which means they turn in a block sooner to go to Target - whole lot of effort required to do that). I choose certain businesses over others, and business practices or other issues may play into that choice, but I wouldn't consider it boycotting.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 8:19 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• Also, I have made choices of customer service. I stopped shopping at Lazarus (one location) because of poor customer service. I would drive completely to the other side of town to another Lazarus. Is that considered boycotting? :)
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 9:59 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• Nope. But I have told a manager of Petco that I wouldn't be shopping there any longer. This lady told me and my family (my DH, mom, sister, my daughter and my nephew) that we need to keep the kids quite because they were disturbing the animals. We told her that the kids didnt understand the meaning of quiet because they were still so little. And she said 'yes you can you can control them' and walked off. Stupid lady
    KrazyKutie

Answer by KrazyKutie at 8:05 PM on Aug. 26, 2010