contractions ? plez help jus looking for alot of advice

ok so im 37 weeks bout to be 38 tomarrow when i last went to the dr i was dilated to one ok so the last 2 days i havent had any contractions i jus finished walking for an hour vacummin and sweeping and squatin wit my feet on the floor and still nothing is that ok to not have any contraction im suppose to be induced sometime next week wat can i do get get contractions or dilate more or wat

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:07 PM on Aug. 26, 2010 in Pregnancy

• just because you are dialated doesn't mean that you will have contractions or that you will feel them. I didn't feel any of my contractions with both babies at all until my water broke
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 8:10 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• its an old wise tale when people claim their are ways to help you start contractions (running over speed bumps in your car, sex, squats, etc) so theres really nothing you can do..... I find that though that when I dont think about it and im super relaxed the contractions start...

so relax, take a warm bath (not to warm) ask your hubby to give you a massage and just wait it out
    FITmama2B

Answer by FITmama2B at 8:11 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• Baby will come when she is ready :) You still have 2 weeks to go until your due. Just take this time to relax and enjoy yourself. Once shes here relaxing wont be so easy :)
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 8:22 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• honestly the baby will come when ready but i also have to say if you have sex sometimes it can cause you to go into labor thats what happened with my first son
    mommy2b924

Answer by mommy2b924 at 10:22 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• I hate to say it but I agree with the others, I know thats not what you want to hear!!! I was dialated to 3 and almost 100% effaced for WEEKS before I went into labor, and I still had to have my membranes stripped to start contractions. If your body isnt ready they wont start. So it is totally normal for them to not come. everyones body reacts differently to physical activity =)
    Amanduhpanda

Answer by Amanduhpanda at 11:07 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• Why are you being induced so early?

If your body hasn't started preparing it's likely an induction will fail.

Your body is preparing it's just doing it on it's and the baby's time line. There really isn't anything you can do to get your body going if it's not ready. You can prepare yourself physically and mentally but neither will guarantee that labor will start.

Things you can do physically are spend some time on hands and knees, gets baby in an optimal position for birth. Squatting is good helps get the pelvis loose. Drink red raspberry leaf tea, it's a uterine tonic. Drink lots of water. You can walk and do a little exercise but don't overexert yourself. You'll need that energy for labor.

Mentally, face any fears you have of labor or of becoming a parent. Practice breathing and relaxing your muscles and your mind. Resolve any conflicts you have right now, specifically in relationships that are close to you.
    jupiter84

Answer by jupiter84 at 11:45 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• Haha, if he/she is like mine, he/she will decide to come the day bf your scheduled induction. lol
    Kword

Answer by Kword at 1:22 AM on Aug. 27, 2010