Would you be okay if your parent married someone 3 years older then you?

Ive been dating this guy and he's actually about twice my age, but that hasnt really hindered us, hes started talking about the possibility of marriage, anyways, i'm 21 and he has 2 kids age 18 and 19. They say their fine with it and just want their dad to be happy but i wonder if they really mean it, because i think i would freak if my parents married someone that close to my age. and i dont want there to be issues down the road because they decide their suddenly not okay with it.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:50 PM on Oct. 9, 2008 in Relationships

• it would be a little weird. But I would be okay with it if I got along well with them. As long as they had been dating awhile and it wasn't a spur of the moment thing. Don't rush in to it. Think farther ahead in to the future. Do you both want the same things out of life? Be honest with yourself! Thats a huge age difference. Don't change yourself for him. If you can totally be youself around him and everyone is okay with it and you are head over hills in love with each other, then Go for It!! But if you have any doubts wait awhile.
    amydh

Answer by amydh at 8:00 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• Truthfully age is just a number but it would honestly (no pun intended) gross me out if my dad dated someone around my age. That is just MY opinion though, if you two are truly happy then go for it esp with his kids so supportive. Good Luck to you!
    Married2theBest

Answer by Married2theBest at 7:52 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• My ex-stepson was 3 yrs younger than me. He said the same thing but a month after the wedding, things really began to change. Anyhow, it got ugly. I'm sure that other women have had a different experience than mine.
    missamerica1

Answer by missamerica1 at 7:57 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• yeah i would be grossed out too that my father would want to marry someone close to my age. what is he robbing the cradle. i have been with older men that had kids my age and i don't think they would ever of called me mom or could see me as one. if they say they don't care then they had their chance to speak their mind so if you want to marry him do so but just make sure that you are making the right decision so that you have an everlasting marriage and not end up in divorce. my husband is younger but not too young where they couldn't accept him and think of him as their dad.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 8:01 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• as long as they stayed the hell away from me i'd be fine with it.
    chyna_doll

Answer by chyna_doll at 8:12 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• My Uncle married a woman a few years old then his oldest daughter and they are fine with it. His grandkids even call her grandma and she is almost 30 or in her very early thirties. As long as they all act like adults there shouldn't be a problem. And who's business is who he marries as long as you are nice to them and they are nice to you.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 8:29 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• If my dad did that to me, I wouldn't only be freaked out by the situation, but a little grossed out. It would be weird to me that my own father would be noticing women my age in that way. And honestly, I'd feel uncomfortable bringing my female friends around him.
    Anonymous

• *cringe* It would freak me out, know why?

My boyfriend is three years older than me! If my mom or my dad wanted to marry someone my boyfriend's age...oh good lord. My mom is 49 and my dad is 50, can you imagine how weird family get togethers would be?!
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 9:01 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• i would be thinking this is what my dads body looks like gross but really some people are ok with it. but my parents are 15 yrs apart, but if your happy go with it.. its alomst like that porn star that married that old guy,
    Anonymous

• My dad's second wife was 3 years older than me, we became very close friends. I didn't have any issues with her marrying my dad. He loved her and she loved him, that's all that mattered to me.
    robinann5

Answer by robinann5 at 12:38 AM on Oct. 10, 2008