how did you feel after you got tubes tied?

This is my situation: i have 4 boys ages 5, almost 4, 2 and 4 months....i had my tubes tied after my 4th boy, but went and am still going through a sadness that i cant have one more baby. I chose to get tubes tied because i have 4 so close in age and one with Down Syndrome, so he takes up a lot of time along with the other boys needs. I cant explain why im still sad....after all i am 4oyrs old...lol. DId you feel sad for a long time?

team21

Asked by team21 at 8:15 PM on Aug. 26, 2010 in Pregnancy

• it might be post postpartum, have you talked to someone about it?
    Lovin_mybaby5

Answer by Lovin_mybaby5 at 8:20 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• No way, i went throgh post partum..and yes, my OB said it was normal to feel sad for a while after tubes are tied for some ppl......but thanks for your comment. i was just wondering for those who had their tubes tied had a period of sadness they could have no more....thats all. When i had PPD i had the hardest time even getting out of bed and felt unmotivated......i have none of those feelings...im always on the go with my 4 boys and am otherwise very happy.
    team21

Comment by team21 (original poster) at 8:29 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• i felt just fine. I think about it every now and then and yeah it's a bit sad I can't have any more, but quite honestly it passes quickly. I can't afford any more i have three with autism and one neurotypical.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:47 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• I went through a period like that when my baby turned 2. I think it would have happened even if I hadn't had them tied though.
    4time-mom

Answer by 4time-mom at 10:20 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• i was happy to have it done
    ladybug36519

Answer by ladybug36519 at 12:55 AM on Aug. 27, 2010