A question about our 6 year Old grandson HELP!! adult content

Last time he was with his Mom which was 2 weeks ago(his dad has custody for obvious reasons) her dh beat him with a belt and left red marks on his butt to which our ex son in law took him to the police and they made a report and to HHS now since the other 2 boys Grandsons also are saying that they didn't get spanked/beat there is nothing HHS will do. When does HHS step in and protect a child that has already been beat when they are dead? What would you do and how would you protect this child? We even think he might be getting sexually molested my the stepdad but can't prove it. He goes there again tomorrow so we figure that something will probably happen since they got turned in. The Mom was at least in the house when they all were getting beat if not in the room but they won't take the word of a 6 yr old apparently.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:18 PM on Aug. 26, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• That is the problem these days, the police take the word of the abuser over the poor innocent kids. I don't know realy what to say, but to assert the boy, make sure he can tell them what they are doing is wrong, and to report what is going on back to you. Teach him how to dial 911. Document everything, pictures, dates, times, hopefully they will see the light and throw that jerk away!
    minimo77

Answer by minimo77 at 8:22 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• oooo I hate these stories that poor baby! It has to be painful to send hi there:( I agree document everything!! Be sure he knows how to dial for help. Keep pushing to get that babby put of there. I know you are doing all you can. Its very sad and I am so sorry.....
    hill2

Answer by hill2 at 8:33 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• Sadly it seems like your hands are tied. You guys are obeying the law and it seems like you are at a disadvantage because of it. As the other Mom said make sure that you are documenting things with pictures and dates. It is so hard to prove abuse and there are so many allegations that is seems like when it really is happening they are slipping through the crack. I hope that little guys is not dealing with any sexual abuse because as bad as whipping or violence is, sexual is much harder to deal with. I wish I had something to say that would save him from over there but just make sure you guys keep on top of things. Make sure as minimo said he knows how to call 911 and when to call it.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 4:35 AM on Aug. 27, 2010