Testimony

I went through Post Partum Depression after i gave birth to my 4th baby back in April. I felt like i was in a hopeless situation and there was no way out. No end to the way i was feeling. I went to bed wishing i would wake up and feel better again. I finally went to 2 women in my church who i trust and told them how i was feeling. they prayed for me and encouraged me to pray. I did pray and read Psalm 5. vs 1-2 and that night poured my heart out to GOD...he met me that nigtht and answered my cries for help...i cried out to him and told him i am weak and cannot do this alone. I have 4 boys ages 5,4,2 and 4months old..and one with Down Syndrome.....i was unmotivated for several weeks...well, the next morning after i prayed and reas scripture..i woke up with the inner peace only given by GOD and i was finally happy and motivated again. It was an awesome feeling and im still happy and full of GOD"S joy....praise the LORD!!!!

team21

Asked by team21 at 8:25 PM on Aug. 26, 2010 in Religious Debate

• What a wonderful testimony! I was lifted out of a severe depression ten years ago when I surrendered my life to the Lord Jesus. Like a PP said, there is nothing wrong with using medication when it is needed. If you ever feel that you are having signs of depression again, just know that it does not show any weakness in faith when you seek medical help.
    Iamgr8teful

Answer by Iamgr8teful at 11:55 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• i'm thrilled you're feeling better!

(now prepare to be scolded for not posting a question. )
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 8:29 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• I am glad you found peace. I would however recommend you move this to the religious section or a christian group. A testimonial is not normally something you would want to debate or have in a debate section.

Alanaplus3

Answer by Alanaplus3 at 8:30 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• That is awesome! Boy you have your hands full Momma. I'm so glad you found women you could confide in and give you strength. Praise GOD! Did you have post partum with any of your other kids?
    jamiesuev22

Answer by jamiesuev22 at 8:31 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• Thanks so much for sharing that story. I am currently in a bad dark place and I too have turned to God. I am in counseling with my Pastor and I have begun reading the bible and praying the rosary.

I am glad that you found your peace and I know I will find mine. I was doing really really well and then I had a set back but I am not quitting. I will continue to pray and meditate and trust in God
    Maureen-MD

Answer by Maureen-MD at 8:32 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• to answer your question jamiesuev22....i did not have PPD with my other 3 boys. I ACCIDENTLY PUT THIS QUESTION IN REL. DEBATE...BUT AFTER THAT MIRICLE THERE IS NO DEBATE IF YOU SEEK GOD HE WILL SHOW UP. i HAVE BEEN IN THIS CHURCH OF MINE FOR 4 YRS. AND NEVER EXPERIENCED SOMETHING LIIKE WHAT I DID. IT Was real!

btw if i knew how to move this question i would...LOL
    team21

Comment by team21 (original poster) at 8:37 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• Yah with two religious sections now it happens that somtimes questions get put in the wrong one. I don't know if you can move it yourself or not. Don't think you can that would be a good thing to be able to do.
    Anyway glad you are feeling better.
    Alanaplus3

Answer by Alanaplus3 at 8:53 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• I too am so glad you are feeling better but most PPD is serious. I am glad you think your prayers were answered but you were never weak. You always had that strength. You just needed someone unbiased to talk to in order to clear your head. For the many others who have done the same as you and not had theirs answered...what does that say?
    JuJubean1979

Answer by JuJubean1979 at 9:24 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• You dont know how bad it was for me juju....i could NOT get out of bed most days....i had 4 boys to care for....some days i didnt even feed them breakfast...my husband had to take a week off of work because i was so depressed and weak. It took about 2months before i started to even feel better. I expderienced baby blues after my other 3 boys, but nothing like this lingering feeling of despair i had with my 4th. I have a long history in being a christian and never had relief like this b4.....believe what you want, but i now kinow that GOD does know when you really need him, and for some it may not be right away. I had to go through many years of depression and had a sever eating disoder from the time i was 19 until i was 33. I was in and out of hospitals and was told that i would not live much longer if i kept starving myself. it wasnt instant in this situation with answred prayer, but it happend. I am a rec. anorixic.
    team21

Comment by team21 (original poster) at 10:27 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• Good for you however warning when ever I post things not in question form they get deleted. Oh wait that is because it ticks off my fellow Christians so your good. The non-Christians don't report much. Lucky you. Truly am happy for you though. I found peace in my new religion to in a great time of need. Thank you to all who helped me along my path.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 11:02 PM on Aug. 26, 2010