About that no judging rule

There's another glut of "people on PA are the scum of the earth and deserve to die a slow painful death" questions cropping up in politics again. I notice that most of the people who post in those about how horrible and evil and lazy people on welfare are, are also mainly Christian (not all Christians -a good number of the very few who speak up and tell them to grow up are also Christian). How does that judge not bit jibe with saying anyone who is a low income smoker must be on PA and affords it by defrauding the system, or that everyone on PA should get a drug test because they must all be addicts staying home and lying about who lives with them? Is that exempt because they are referring to people who have less money than they do? Wasn't there something about Pharisees in that book? I think maybe another about Sadducees? These constantly changing rules always confuse me. How does this work?

NotPanicking

Asked by NotPanicking at 8:30 PM on Aug. 26, 2010 in Religious Debate

• how do you know who is what, NP? lol..i get so confused trying to keep everyone straight.
    personally, i think there are people who simply believe they are better than anyone else..especially better than a smoker!! i don't see where religion falls into play, at all..just ignorants who can't fathom what its like to walk in someone else's shoes.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 8:36 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• I have no idea. I saw the post and that's not how I was raised (Christian). But here's another bump for you.
    momof3inTN

Answer by momof3inTN at 8:36 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• dullscissors - I've hung out in the politics section since Answers started... I can spot them by screenname from a mile away now. LOL
    There are several who have the most horrid things to say about anyone who is on assistance in one post, and 3 posts down the list are screaming about losing their "Christian Nation."
    momof3inTN

Answer by momof3inTN at 8:39 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• OOH..can you provide us with a link?
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 8:40 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• I am not a Christain and I was on Pa for a few years while I got my shit together, got my youngest son into school and got my own ass through college. If asked I would have taken a drug test to get the benefits. I was never a user of drugs or alcohol or an abuser of the system. I try to think about the kids that wont have a meal today because they cant afford the school lunch and they don't have a parent at home to make them one. It's sad and heart breaking to know people abuse the system. But to generalize all PA is not right. I am glad the system was there to help me. But I grew up, got educated and got a job. If you are gonna drug test, you better have the ability to treat them too. The system is flawed because people make the rules and people are flawed. I don't judge you unless I know you and then I'll tell you to your face and offer you help.
    babyboyzz

Answer by babyboyzz at 8:41 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• I don't get it. It has to come from seeing people on welfare as nothing but lazy druggies, which may be true sometimes, but is far from the truth in most cases. I think it disheartening, to be honest. People on welfare feel lousy enough about it without having to have it thrown in their faces... I mean, men who work full time jobs who still can't provide enough for their families, maybe perhaps because their jobs don't offer reasonable insurance (like Walmart insists on having its employees sign up for medicaid). They put up with the degrading way they're treated by their employers - as dispensable, replaceable, and worthless - and then have to feel like inadequate supporters and providers on top of it, while being made to feel badly for needing a hand (when its already humiliating enough) by those who couldn't possibly understand. And its not like people just up and decide to live off of welfare or like ....cont
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 8:46 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• or like they decide not to do anything with their lives. Its not the result of one choice or the decision to be lazy - its an accumulation of life circumstances. The inability to find decent work without a higher education, unexpected life events like pregnancy - the list goes on and on. And the whole welfare system is a perpetuation of sorts, too...
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 8:51 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• – collapse
    someone hit you a little too close to home? if your going to stay home on your ass smoking dope the least you could do is actually watch your kids while your there. if you can peal yourself away from your bible and computer for 5 min that is
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:52 PM on Aug. 26, 2010 (hidden) + expand

• someone hit you a little too close to home? if your going to stay home on your ass smoking dope the least you could do is actually watch your kids while your there. if you can peal yourself away from your bible and computer for 5 min that is

ROFLMAO - search my answer history, moron - I'm anti-pot, not on welfare, my kid is in school and I'm not a Christian. You couldn't possibly be more wrong, but nice try. Maybe you're the one who needs to drop the bong?
    NotPanicking

Comment by NotPanicking (original poster) at 8:53 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• how do you know who is what, NP?

You'll learn over time - go back and read through politics threads around Christmas about how the government is oppressing their right to celebrate, the Obama is Muslim threads and any of the ones about how legalizing gay marriage is wrong. You'll start to match the hypocrites with the names.
    NotPanicking

Comment by NotPanicking (original poster) at 8:57 PM on Aug. 26, 2010