is smoking suicide?

shay1130

Asked by shay1130 at 8:37 PM on Aug. 26, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Maybe it would be better considered Russian Roulette. Some people have issues and somet people don't
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 8:39 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• well, if it's what kills the person I guess it could.
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 8:39 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• in a manner of technicality, yes, it paves the way for all sorts of preventable health-problems.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 8:40 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• maybe not intentionally, but it is taking a very high risk of killing yourself and others around you eventually.....i smoked for 13yrs and quite when i got preg with my first son. That was 6yrs ago and never picked up another smoke again. My best friends dad died of lung cancer and never smoked a cig in his life...but his wife was a chain smoker.
    team21

Answer by team21 at 8:40 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• Nope. Suicide requires an act with the intent to end your own life. Smoking, among just about everything else, CAN lead to death, but just because you smoke doesn't mean it will kill you or even cause any real health issues... So no, it's not suicide.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 8:40 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• I say yes. there is no benefit what so ever... all it does is hurt you in the long run.
    there are so many things out there that can harm you just by leaving the house.
    Why would anyone want to increase that chance???
    nolaero

Answer by nolaero at 8:41 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• If that's the case then many of the things people do would be considered suicide. Even BBQ'ing could kill you. Carcinogens are everywhere.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 8:43 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• Going to have to agree with sabrina on this one... Suicide is an intentional act carried out with the express intent of ending your own existence. Smoking does not qualify.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 8:43 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• No one smokes a cigarette and thinks, "I hope this kills me," so I'm going to say no. If we are going to use this logic then McDonalds is suicide, fried foods, ect......
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 8:51 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• Probably depends on what they're smoking.
    coder_chick

Answer by coder_chick at 8:53 PM on Aug. 26, 2010