Please need some help!!!

I'm wondering how to get rid of fleas in your home. I have 2 dogs & 2 cats and think they have fleas I tryed frontline & advantage but they won't go away. I've done powder baking soda salt you name i done it. My daughter has skin problems so I can't really use hash cemicals (sp) or she'll break out now she is getting bit and that not a good thing with her skin problem . Any ideas??

mjc3

Asked by mjc3 at 7:57 PM on Oct. 9, 2008 in Pets

• The answer is a combination of things and a true pain in the ass....lol... first you need to get some flea bombs and set them off while you are out of the house... once that is done, you must vacuum everything then bathe your pets and then apply flea powder and advantage. If you just put the advantage on the pets, then the fleas that are already in your home will still be there, unfortunately.
    Pat-S

Answer by Pat-S at 8:04 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• borax, sprinkle it on your carpet leave for a while maybe half hour then vacuum
    lovey696

Answer by lovey696 at 8:04 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• wow, that too bad. i work for a vet and i know that frontline is the #1 thing that you should apply to each animal. repeat in one month. also you have to give each animal a flea bath, and there are flea "bombs" that you can purchase from your vet or get at a local pet store. using frontline monthly can solve the problem from happening again. good luck!
    seanesc5

Answer by seanesc5 at 8:16 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• Keep using the Advantage or Frontline also use Raid (the purple can) for fleas, this worked for us in our home just keep up with it and it will soon be alright if this continues you might have to either keep your (babies) animals inside the house or outside (either or).
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 9:03 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• I would use a combination of Frontline and capstar. Capstar will start killing all fleas on your pet within 30 minutes. I believe that they now make a monthly capstar. Use frontline monthly along with the capstar. Frontline is safe for your daughter. Fleas must have stimulation in order for the cycle to be perpetuated. There is no product in the world to prevent fleas. They must bite the pet for the product to work. That is why it is important to use the product consistently (year round) in order to break the cycle. Good luck.
    aggiechristie

Answer by aggiechristie at 1:19 AM on Oct. 15, 2008