Question on gestational diabetes

any one have it with one preg and not others and vice versa? I had it with my first and am pregnant with my second and just wondering if I should be worried. Thanks!

chrisket

Asked by chrisket at 8:43 PM on Aug. 26, 2010 in Pregnancy

• not worried but AWARE. it can happen easier with later pregnancies, so again, just be carefula dn take the icky tests. otherwise tho, good luck!
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 8:45 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• I would definitly keep an eye out and do the tests. I am a diabetic and have had it for 15 years. My sisters are not diabetic but the had gestational diabetes with all of their children. More likely you wil have it again, but remember to keep your blood sugars under control and try to keep away from real starchy foods that will raise blood sugars. Eat plenty of veggies and natural foods. I wish you luck.
    flcouple7577

Answer by flcouple7577 at 8:59 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• I wouldnt worry per say, but chances are high you will get it. Thats what my OB told me :)
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 9:34 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• Didn't have it with my 1st but did with my 2nd but my age and that I am a bit overweight didn't help.
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 10:35 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• Check out Dr. Brewer's pregnancy diet, it's had a great success rate at preventing common pregnancy illnesses, GD being one of them.

http://www.drbrewerpregnancydiet.com/

jupiter84

Answer by jupiter84 at 11:35 PM on Aug. 26, 2010