Laser Tag?

At what age is a game of laser tag appropriate? My oldest son is turning 9 next week, and I'm considering taking him and his 6 year old brother to play. I'm just not sure if there are size requirements or not. He's about the size of an average 4 year old, and I'm worried he might get trampled by older kids. I've never seen a game played, so I really don't know much about it.

Ginger0104

Asked by Ginger0104 at 8:49 PM on Aug. 26, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• I have a Laser Tag place around the corner from me. My kids have gone for parties on several occasions. I think the first time was around 5th grade. Here's the thing you have to remember.... they play in the dark...very dark. And if you go during free time, you are grouped with whoever else is there, so they may be playing with teenagers and adults ~ I think you need between 10 and 20 kids for a round, you play on two teams.
    WoodWitch

Answer by WoodWitch at 8:53 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• Here you can rent the room out by the hour, so it's only your kids that are playing. They don't allow us to run, it can get a little physical, but not too bad. We took kids ranging in ages 5-10, and didn't have any issues. You should call your local center and find out what their rules are.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 9:18 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• We took DS 7 and his buddy to a place that had lazer tag for his bday and they did okay. ..They're average size though.
    LostTheSlipper

Answer by LostTheSlipper at 11:21 PM on Aug. 26, 2010