High Risk Pregnancy.

I am a HRP and have had a lot of stress lately. I know that stress isn't good for you, so what are your tips? my actually question though, is can you miscarry during a HRP from being EXTREMELY upset and stressed?

kbishop8688

Asked by kbishop8688 at 8:55 PM on Aug. 26, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I suppose it would depend on what makes you high risk. Different conditions can cause different complications. I was at risk for IUGR, heart problems, and blood clots, as well as stillbirth.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 9:07 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• I'm not sure, but I really recommend some way to reduce your stress. It just gets harder when the baby arrives, at least for the first several weeks or months. You'll be sleep-deprived and babies do need a lot of care. Do you have support from friends or family? Can you call your doc and make sure you're doing ok?
    MonicaE521

Answer by MonicaE521 at 9:08 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• If you haev BP issue's there are some complications that can arrise. Like preclampsia, preterm labor and other things. Stress itself may not be a factor for a miscarriage but then again I am not sure why you are at high risk. Take some walks, read a book, take a nice bath or shower, heck even cooking a nice meal for your someone special can be relaxing and fun and a destresser. Light up the candles and listen to some easy listening...it will help you get your stress down...I promise! I hope everything works out for you.
    flcouple7577

Answer by flcouple7577 at 9:08 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• My hormone levels.
    kbishop8688

Comment by kbishop8688 (original poster) at 9:15 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• how about something like yoga. to help you relax and take sometime for yourself. getting a massage? or how about seeing a therapist even to talk about what your stressed about might help it get some things off your chest. and thats nothing to be ashamed of. good luck
    OliviasMommy614

Answer by OliviasMommy614 at 9:17 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• i was under extreme stress with my son, and didnt miscarry him i had 4 mc after him and was under zero to know stress, it was genetic, and when you do miscarry they swear up and down no amount of stress can cause you to miscarry, the link is is that stress could throw off your hormones leading to a mc but in my opinion not likely
    Kre10

Answer by Kre10 at 9:28 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• I am newly pregnant and also a HRP, and I have tried some of the suggestions mentioned, but my cocker spaniel curled up with me watching LMN, or some other re-runs that I enjoy always seems to help me.Good luck:<).
    Mom2Bsfirstbabe

Answer by Mom2Bsfirstbabe at 12:33 AM on Aug. 27, 2010

• i'm high risk and was doing pretty well up until about two weeks ago (28 weeks) when between stress, hormones, and having trouble sleeping i was on the edge of a complete breakdown. i had tried a variety of things but got to the point of not being able to function, at which point it was better for baby and me to get anti-anxiety meds... ongoing stress can cause premature labor and can also be bad for baby (you can google about it). depends how stressed you are and if you are able to get calmed down or not...
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 12:41 AM on Aug. 27, 2010

• yes you can i almost had that happen to me in the frist mounth.
    ladybug36519

Answer by ladybug36519 at 12:53 AM on Aug. 27, 2010