Does anyone else's hubby change trucks like they change their underwear?

I have been with DH for 7 yrs. And in that time the longest he has kept a truck is 1 yr. Does anyone have any insight to this behavior?

van5

Asked by van5 at 8:59 PM on Aug. 26, 2010 in Shopping

• No my husband changes his underwear every day
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 9:01 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• My dad did that too. Luckily, (kinda) hubby has bad credit so, we have to put though into every vehicle.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 9:01 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• We buy a vehicle almost every year (sometimes more often) because of accidents, mostly. The drivers here are horrible!!
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 9:05 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• I know how you feel. My husband bought a car in August 2005. I told him that he could pick whatever he wanted since this was going to be his first brand new vehicle. He chose the car and then said that I could drive it and he took my car. That lasted for 6 months and then he wanted to trade in our paid off car for a new Dodge Ram. I was against this but he did it anyways. 11 months later he found out that he was going to be deployed so he wanted to trade his truck in for me a new vehicle (I totaled my car). I was just going to buy another car with the insurance money but he insisted that we trade it in because it was a gas guzzler. Well, it was under so that tacked on about $5000 to the cost of my car. 6 months after that, he came home for R&R and bought a new car, the second day he was back. I told him that he had to pay off this car before he traded it in or bought another vehicle. Cont..

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 9:06 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• Cont.. We just paid off my car and I can already tell that he is wanting to buy another truck. Occasionally, he will drive through the parking lot of car lots but I have forbidden him from talking to a salesperson. They seem to get him every time!

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 9:07 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• That's the thing, he has bad credit too. He trades stuff all the time. I curse the day I told him about Craigslist. I told him tonite that I was going to do that child safety thing to it to lock him out. He was a mechanic by trade, so its not like we can't make something work.
    van5

Comment by van5 (original poster) at 9:11 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• Nope, he's had the same truck since 2004....bought brand new and paid off now.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 9:11 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• He did before me got married, lol. After we got married that stopped. In the four years we've been married he's traded in his truck once, and that was to get a quad cab because we were having a baby.
    montanagal2005

Answer by montanagal2005 at 9:38 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• Mine would like to change his driving vehicle constantly, I know he looks. He doesn't though, what he does is take on projects. He'll buy a "good deal" (in woman speak... "piece of crap") fix it and make a profit. He likes to build them more than drive them. lol
    Jessica157

Answer by Jessica157 at 9:39 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• It's a man thing my DH gets a itch for a new vehicle every 2 1/2 - 3 years/
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 11:08 PM on Aug. 26, 2010