Any advice, I am 5 months pregnant and have already gained 25 pounds

Any advice on how to remove some of this weight in a helathy way or how to maintain the weight Im at for the remainder of the pregnancy? Im looking for real answers that have really worked, not something you read out of a magazine or book!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:01 PM on Aug. 26, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Cut out absolutely everything that is not nutritious from your diet. Get some form of light exercise everyday,like walking.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 9:02 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• No. It's normal,
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:02 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• Ooooo I dont know...I would ask my OB....they might want to put you on a special diet. Just a normal womens diet may not be what you need.

I am 4 months and a few days pregnant and I have gained 6. My dr told me I was in the average range.
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 9:03 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• awe heck... I gained 60 lbs each time (three pgs) and lost it.
    as long as your eating healthy who cares... just work at getting it off.
    dont use having a baby as an excuse to be fat after the fact.
    sahlady

Answer by sahlady at 9:05 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• Oh my, been there and you are probably going to get a talking to at the doctors office. Is it food or are you retaining water? When I was pregnant with my first, I craved junk and gained an enormous amount of weight. With my second, I did not gain as much, but I did retain quite a bit of water. Stay away from sodium, in all forms. Try eating between meals things like watermelon or hummus with carrots - things that have a high fiber content that will help fill you up. Also, I have found that if I carry my snacks (i.e. piece of fruit, some cut up veggies) I don't have the temptation to stop for junk food! Good Luck to you!
    MomIWant

Answer by MomIWant at 9:08 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• Some women gain it all at the beginning. Some don't gain until the end. If you are gaining 5 lbs per month steady, you'll gain 45 for the pregnancy. That's a little high, but not too high. Especially if you started under weight.

Only eat healthy food like tons of raw fruits and veggies. No junk. No fast food. No chips. No white bread. No sugary things. This is what you should be doing any way. It is what your baby needs. Drink only water. And lots and lots of water. You might think you are hungry but you are reallly thirsty. Also, dehydrated people are more likely to retain water and swell up.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 9:08 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• Actually, about the sodium, don't cut it out entirely. Just don't go crazy. Drink water, and save calories for food. Eat "your colors"---fruits and veggies.
    MonicaE521

Answer by MonicaE521 at 9:14 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• i started gaining weight rapidly and my ob said i had a sugar/carb sensitvity and mixed w the hormones stored it all as fat ive cut sugar and changed my carbs to only high fiber carbs i am almost 8 mos pregnan and ive lost 4 pounds wo trying just by cutting out the sugar/bad carbs
    Kre10

Answer by Kre10 at 9:24 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• WIsh you the best! Just do the best you can do be healthy & active! Try to keep your activity level up.. The more you sit, the more easily tired you get.. And thats with our without pregnancy.

I gained 60lbs during my pregnancy & STILL 3yrs later im battling the weight :( NOW is easier to change.. I thought once i had the baby id eat healthy & workout & just be dandy... YA RIGHT! So wishing you all the luck to stabilizing your weight & hope you have a happy/ healthy pregnancy & delivery & baby!!! :)
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 10:19 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• go for a short walk.
    ladybug36519

Answer by ladybug36519 at 12:51 AM on Aug. 27, 2010