Why are so many people unreliable?

My whole life fell apart today because other people are not reliable!! Yet they expect to be paid in full and then some. I always stress how important it is to be reliable. When I make a commitment to someone that I will be there, I am there. It really bothers me when no one calls, or they always cancle. It costs me so much $$.

Musicmom80

Asked by Musicmom80 at 9:10 PM on Aug. 26, 2010 in Just for Fun

• that's why i never depend on other people
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 9:11 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• Ummmm not that simple when you are in business for yourself. If you book a hair appointment and can't make it call!!! I could be booking other people. I lose so much money. They call me. Really not helpful at all.
    Musicmom80

Comment by Musicmom80 (original poster) at 9:13 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• Then these are not the type of clients you want (easier said than done, I'm sure)....if they call to reschedule, can you take a credit card number to "hold" the appointment? Or can you just not accept their request anymore? I'm not sure what's possible in your situation, but I'm sure it's frustrating. Good luck to you, and hang in there.
    DMac08

Answer by DMac08 at 9:15 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• I'm with you on that one. People not doing what they say they're going to do is a matter of honor to me. If I say I'm going to do something, I do. Period.

Can you start a 3 strikes you're out rule? I mean if they make an appointment and don't show up 3x's, they don't get another chance. Or is that shooting yourself in the foot?
    JawgaMom1

Answer by JawgaMom1 at 9:16 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• Unfortunetly the world is full of selfish people :( sorry that happened to you momma.
    wishinforlove

Answer by wishinforlove at 9:16 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• Oh yes, I so stop booking after three tries. For sure! I'm sorry guys I've had 3 days of this crap and I feel like crying....I've lost $600 this week from people not showing or calling. :(
    Musicmom80

Comment by Musicmom80 (original poster) at 9:19 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• I'm sorry momma =(
    gottalovemal

Answer by gottalovemal at 9:29 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• Some people place no value on things like being reliable. I'm sorry mama.
    firenicecream

Answer by firenicecream at 9:35 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• Im sorry Hun,, that sucks... Really. But people dont care about another people for the most part. These days they are wrapped up in their own lives, their own worlds, if its not about them, why should they care?
    lilmoosesmom

Answer by lilmoosesmom at 9:47 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• The sad thing is there are just people who aren't reliable. But if you don't trust people than you can't do much. Maybe you could implement a 24 hour cancellation notice or you'll send them a bill for 20 or something. If they don't pay you can always send it to collections if they refuse to pay.
    ajbrownies

Answer by ajbrownies at 9:48 PM on Aug. 26, 2010