Have you heard about the two recent attacks on muslims in NYC?

I dont know if they ran the stories on your news channels, but i live in NY so its been on all day today. First, a muslim cab driver picked someone up and the guy asked him if he was muslim, he said yes and the guy took out a knife and slashed his throat and arms, but he lived. Then another guy went into a mosque and called them all terrorists and urinated on there prayer rugs. They obviously cant prove it has to do with the mosque near ground zero, but they are basically sure its because of the recent debate over it which is exactly what i knew would happen and why i said it makes no sense! you wouldnt build an abortion clinic next to a church wether you were allowed to or not because there would be protesters and bombings and problems all the time. i also saw on the news that the people funding the mosque will not tell anybody where they are getting the millions of dollars needed to build this mosque AND (cont)

PURPULbutterfly

Asked by PURPULbutterfly at 9:12 PM on Aug. 26, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I am a christian but half of my family is muslim. I am disgusted with what is going on here (I live in NY too) against muslims. My father is against the mosque just because he wants the attacks to stop. I understand all of the terrorists were muslim but that doesnt mean all muslims are terrorists.
    gottalovemal

Answer by gottalovemal at 9:26 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• The guy that slashed the cabbie was drunk, he was pro-mosque and the cabbie, a Muslim, is against the Mosque. The slasher is a member of several left wing organizations and has been arrested several times. I doubt this is "anti-Muslim" behavior. This is "drunk" behavior. Evidently both men were drunk. I think I see a trend.

Holding a beer bottle, Rivera burst in during evening prayers. He allegedly shouted anti-Muslim slurs, calling the worshipers "terrorists," then flashed his middle finger and urniated outside the mosque.

http://abclocal.go.com/wabc/story?section=news/local&id=7630863

jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 9:23 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• . I read just fine though with my master degree in education

I think you need to get your money back.....
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 10:04 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• I still say that they should build where they want. Just because people are going to act in ways that are illegal (assault? vandalism?) doesn't mean that they should be swayed. Haha, here we are calling Muslim terrorists, and all we've seen recently is people trying to terrorize them into not building a Center that they're perfectly within their rights to build!

And I have yet to see any clause in the Constitution saying that people's rights are contingent upon them answering whatever questions we may have about the use of said rights....
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 9:20 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• NP, how many more of these ASSuming remarks before we are allowed to call you a bigot? There is no evidence that the people who did these things are Christians. If there is, please provide proof and I will admit that I was wrong. There is a lot of anger still about 9-11 and this project. You can read my post above to see that I said I think these crimes were wrong. They are wrong because the people were prejudging those individuals based on their assumed religion - which is exactly the same thing you are doing!
    Iamgr8teful

Answer by Iamgr8teful at 9:29 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• NP, you are doing the same thing you condemn others for doing. What is the word I'm looking for...hypocrisy?
    _______________________________
    I think the word you are looking for is "sarcasm."
    stacymomof2

Answer by stacymomof2 at 9:41 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• What? There was more than an overwhelming preponderance of evidence. PLUS, Al Qaeda took responsibility for it. Al Qaeda is a terrorist group made up of ............. you can say it..................Muslims. It isn't an accusation. It is just the way it is. Yes, they are extremist; however, they are still Muslim. I have no idea what you are trying to say. Oh, and, capitalize America, please.

Reading isn't your strong suit, is it? What FREE AMERICAN CITIZEN who happens to MUSLIM blew up the WTC? You know, those people you guys keep referring to as terrorists even though they live up the street from you, their kids go to school with yours and they work at your hospital and grocery store?
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 9:50 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

Can you say bigot? So just because they were Muslim that must mean all Muslims are terrorist? Wow you're the most ignorant ass I've seen all day. I thought I could go just one day without seeing people's ignorance.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 9:55 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• Can you say bigot? So just because they were Muslim that must mean all Muslims are terrorist? Wow you're the most ignorant ass I've seen all day. I thought I could go just one day without seeing people's ignorance.

I never said that. I can go all day without someone twisting my words and generalizing. I said they were extremist; however, Muslims none the less. Just because you don't want it to be true doesn't make it untrue. You can call me all the names you wish. I am not ignorant (being able to type is proof of that) and just because you are one that wants to sweep a real issue under the rug to ignore it doesn't make the problem go away. But, I never said all Muslims are terrorist - you did. Don't put words in my "mouth". I wish I could go one day without people transferring their real opinions onto others. I agree. I get tired of ignorance in others.

jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 10:05 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• I have my reservations about the project (more specifically, the imam behind the project), but there is no excuse for violence and vandalism. The people who are doing theses things are showing that they are very low. We have no reason to believe that the individual victims of these attacks were bad people, but the attackers have proven that they are no good.
    Iamgr8teful

Answer by Iamgr8teful at 9:24 PM on Aug. 26, 2010