factcheck.org question

Ok, I am a big fan of fact checking, but lately, I have been confused. I have noticed on factcheck.org that they are connected to Annenberg, and I have heard that Obama has been tied to some Annenberg project. Does anyone know if the two are related? Or are they two separate Annenberg's?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:14 PM on Oct. 9, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• Sen. Obama may have a unique perspective among the candidates seeking the presidency in 2008. As a private citizen, he led Chicago’s portion of the Annenberg Challenge school reform initiative financed by the late philanthropist Walter H. Annenberg.

The Chicago Annenberg Challenge spread $49.2 million across the city’s schools in an effort to support emerging community-based public school reforms in the nation’s third-largest district. It was ultimately unsuccessful in raising student achievement, according to evaluations of the project.

The above was taken from Edweek.org---I thought it might be an acceptable source:-) I do know the NRA found several errors at factcheck--on Obama's VOTING RECORD on gun control. This is NOT an attack--it is based on his voting record.

Ronnie80

Answer by Ronnie80 at 9:01 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• *sigh*
    a group obama was a part of received a grant from the annanbierg foundation in order to fund schools in chicago.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Annenberg_Foundation

heatherama

Answer by heatherama at 8:39 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• heatherama I love how this supposedly confused people about Obama (smears)are always anonymous.
    ny.chica

Answer by ny.chica at 8:44 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• i know they are.
    just as i suspect that other question(i think you answered it as well,) about his campaign finances.
    heatherama

Answer by heatherama at 8:45 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• yes I did. I knew I had seen his campaign finances somewhere so i pulled them up.
    ny.chica

Answer by ny.chica at 8:46 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• Thank you Ronnie80 for not jumping down my throat. I thought I asked a pretty simple question in a non accusatory way. I wanted to know if there was a connection, I was not trying to say there was one. Jeez some people are a little on the defensive side tonight.
    Anonymous