How do you deal with a long distance relationship?

and what do you do when you see ur SO?

noahsmommy12908

Asked by noahsmommy12908 at 9:39 PM on Aug. 26, 2010 in Relationships

• My husband and I had a long distance relationship for a few years. I was in Sweden, he was in the States. We spent a lot of time on the phone, and planned time together two or three times a year.
    aliceinalgonac

Answer by aliceinalgonac at 9:43 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• You have to be creative. Using electronic (or the US mail) to communicate can become bland, so you have to spice it up by getting creative. Either by sending one another funny, sexy, or regular photographs. If you use only electronics then try using postal mail as a method of commincation. The anticipation of the next letter, and the excitment that you recieved it can really add to the communication process. Plus, since it takes longer to get there you'll have more to say to one another. My ex and I, when we were dating, did this and it really was a great way to keep in touch over the distance.

When you're together you do anything and everything that you can't do apart. Whether it's stay home and watch a movie or go and have a few drinks with friends. Just make those moments together really special by bonding face to face, getting some physical time together, etc.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 9:53 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• skype, phone calls, trying to see each other every so often and keeping yourself busy
    Kimora_neko

Answer by Kimora_neko at 9:59 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• well we kept our relationship open while we were apart...it was a don't ask don't tell policy, talked whenever we could, and when we finally saw eachother again...well I ended up pregnant ;)
    gypsymama532

Answer by gypsymama532 at 10:24 PM on Aug. 26, 2010