Eating Yams to conceive?!

I heard eating yams helps you conceive especially conceive twins, is that true? has anyone heard that?, I looked it up online & I found a lot of sites that say's it does help you conceive especially twins, that there is some tribe in Africa that are known to eat yams & they are known to have twins.

VanillaBlondie8

Asked by VanillaBlondie8 at 9:45 PM on Aug. 26, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• Yams can help boost estrogen and progesterone. But they aren't clinically proven to cause multiple eggs to drop.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 9:48 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• you always release eggs once a month and yams can't make more eggs release or make sperm swim faster
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 9:56 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• Sorry, no... nothing can induce you to have twins short of fertility meds... and then yo might get far more than you bargained for.

Eating yams won't HURT... they're healthy.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:51 AM on Aug. 27, 2010

• There are lots of foods that can help conception. I just posted some a few questions below this one. However twins is a random thing that may or may not happen. I don't think the rate of twins has anything to do with yams in the diet. They eat alot more than just yams as well I'm sure .
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 9:03 AM on Aug. 27, 2010

• I have never heard of that. But that is pretty interesting.
    cynprz

Answer by cynprz at 2:09 PM on Aug. 31, 2010