would you take this as a yes i'll watch your kid?

I just had a friend ask if I was going to be busy tomorrow. I told her not really. then she asked if I could watch her kid tomorrow. I told her that we have a few things to do after 10 but I think we are free after that. (main word being think, haven't talked to DH about it because he wasn't near me) So I guess she took that as a yes I can watch her kid so she said "OK call me when you are on your way" umm, I didn't say yes, I said I think we are free. You would take my reply as a yes I'll watch your kid or say "ok, just get back to me if you can"

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:46 PM on Aug. 26, 2010 in Relationships

• Um, I would take that as a yes. You told her you were free. If you didn't want to do it, you could have said something like, I don't know, I can't do it, etc.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 9:48 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• Actually your reply "But I think we're free after that" would lead one to believe that you were willing. I personally still would've double checked on that and not have assumed you meant "Yes". However, your friend apparently took the lead to "Yes" as a definate answer. Just give her a call if you can't or babysit her kid.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 9:48 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• To me it sounds like you said you would watch her child.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 9:48 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• A get back to me if you can, please....

I have friends that do that or think that just because I live around the block that I can drop everything on a seconds notice & get THEIR kids off the bus, who cares if its raining & i dont drive & dont need to take my son out in it, or leave him home alone. (I refuse to do that, even if I am just standing at the top of the street.) It makes me soooo mad when people do that.
    lilmoosesmom

Answer by lilmoosesmom at 9:49 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• Yes, I would have taken it that way. If you had not said "After that I think I am free" it may not have sounded that way. That made it sound like you were available and willing.
    hsmominky

Answer by hsmominky at 9:50 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• I would take that as a yes also.. You probably should of said "im free but have to talk it over with my husband first and ill get back with you"
    Proudparent707

Answer by Proudparent707 at 9:51 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• Yes, you agreed to watch her kid.
    If you were going to check, you should have said," I think I might be free, but I need to check"
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 9:53 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• I would take it as a yes

since u said after 10 u would be free.. I agree that u should of said something more like " i believe I am free after 10 but I have to check with my DH and i can get back to you"
    SweetPoison

Answer by SweetPoison at 9:55 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• I think she said she had to do things after 10, meaning she was busy after 10 but maybe free after she gets done with those things.
    I would of taken it was a maybe and said get back to me about it. I mean it was short notice from what I understand.
    Kimora_neko

Answer by Kimora_neko at 9:57 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• If it were me, I wouldn't have taken that as a yes. If you had said, "yes I am free and will watch your kid", then I would have taken that as a yes, but since you said, "I think we're free", that means there is a possibility of a no. If you said that to me, I would have finished the conversation as, "Well, can you could watch my kid for me if you are free? Just give me a call and let me know. Thanks." Now she thinks that when you say that you might be free, you can watch her kid. I would be careful of that.
    krissyvelazquez

Answer by krissyvelazquez at 9:58 PM on Aug. 26, 2010