do you ever give in?

today we were clothes shopping and DD found this dress that she really wanted. (shes 4) and i said no because i just bought her a dress two days ago. but then she threw a temper tantrum and i told her to stop and told her as soon as we get home shes going into time out. but she just wouldnt stop. so i just gave in. i usally dont, but i just had the worst headache and i just didnt feel good. ugh i regret doing that.

do you ever give in to your child?

Mom2Giovanna

Asked by Mom2Giovanna at 9:50 PM on Aug. 26, 2010 in General Parenting

• No way! I really never give into my kids, because I know if I did, it will only be worse the next time.
    Aingls

Answer by Aingls at 9:52 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• I never do over a temper tantrum. I would just leave the store when she threw one, but other things sometimes yes
    leksismommy

Answer by leksismommy at 9:52 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• It's been known to happen....I get headaches all the time and it just hurts less to say yes than to listen to the screaming or bugging.....afterwards you wanna kick yourself because you taught them nothing, but your human and things like that happen.
    Finkette

Answer by Finkette at 9:54 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• Not at all, we would've left, and she would've been in trouble when she got home.
    dawnmarie70535

Answer by dawnmarie70535 at 9:57 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• There are times that I give into my Children when I should not, however, it is never when they are throwing a fit. That only makes things worse.
    hsmominky

Answer by hsmominky at 9:58 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• no way! and you know your going to be fighting her for a while because you gave in once? never give in to a tantrum is and has always been my biggest rule. when my oldest was that age a friend suggested throwing a tantrum just like hers....so i tried it....in safeway because i said no to a candy bar and she wanted it. so i threw my tantrum saying " but i dont want to but that" just as loud as she was being and most people got it when lilly started saying "stop it mommy, your embarrassing me!"
    cassie_m

Answer by cassie_m at 10:00 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• I wouldn't have given in for that particular incident, I'd of left & gone home. But, I have given in to the kids for other things that I had wished I hadn't around the house. We all have done it some time I'm sure we, just get tired of hearing it.
    MyAngel003

Answer by MyAngel003 at 10:01 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• I try not to, but sometimes it's just soooo much easier.....
    skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 10:06 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• Nope, not for throwing a fit. We leave. & if hes still throwing a fit, then hes in even more trouble when we get home. ... now other things, like begging to stay up a little later, (if hes been good I give in. or if he really really really wants that one last cookie, I give in.) NOT ever for throwing a fit... It just shows them that they can do it again & again & they'll pick up on the best times to do so they know they can get away with it...

&& It will never end.......

lilmoosesmom

Answer by lilmoosesmom at 10:06 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• in a situation like that, that would be a big fat hell no.
    stressedmomma13

Answer by stressedmomma13 at 10:11 PM on Aug. 26, 2010