anyone had to deal with thier hips not aligning properly in pregnancy?

the doctor gave me stretches to do that should help correct the problem but most of them hurt like hell, and my spine is swollen because of it. i cant hardly get off the couch! ugh!!!! what more can i do?

cassie_m

Asked by cassie_m at 10:03 PM on Aug. 26, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I had that problem with my youngest and he did such a number on me my sacrum joints were swollen, inflammed and loose for about 15 months after I had him. I am just now feeling normal again @ 19 months after delivery. I got the most relief post partum from a chiro using the "activator" method. (you can google it and find chiros in your area who use this). I wish I would have tried when it I was pregnant. Maybe I wouldn't have suffered so much. Another thing that helped was a Smiley Belt. I don't know how far along you are, but if you have a month or more to go, I would just cough up the money for it.
    karamille

Answer by karamille at 10:15 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• I went to the chiropractor every 1-2 weeks.
    4time-mom

Answer by 4time-mom at 10:25 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• I have that problem even when Im not pregnant. I see a chiropractor and it has worked WONDERS! You would be amazed at the health benefits of a chiropractor during pregnancy, and when youre not pregnant, and even for kids!!! Its amazing how much damage is done to a child during brith and a chiropractor is a great thing for them too. Sorry, I'll shut up with my chiropractic commercial lol. I just like to tell people about it since I know a lot of people dont know all the benefits.
    Amanduhpanda

Answer by Amanduhpanda at 11:05 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• You need to see a chiropractor ASAP!
    Roadfamily6now

Answer by Roadfamily6now at 11:23 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• I had the same problem and it sucked so bad! My doc recommended using heat at night to relieve the pain. I would throw a towel in the drier before bed and it would stay warm for a couple hours. The mornings were no fun. The good news is that its 100% better immediately after baby:)
    Mel_in_PHX

Answer by Mel_in_PHX at 11:23 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• I had the same problem. My daughter is 15 months and my hip still gives me problems. :( Maybe ask your dr about something called an SI belt? My dr had me wear one and it helped a lot.
    Kword

Answer by Kword at 1:16 AM on Aug. 27, 2010