Can you truly say you don't rely on ANYONE? Post got me thinking....

I have a hard time believing that someone can be totally self reliant. We rely on our cars to run, we rely on the store to supply milk, working moms rely on daycare that they pay for, sahm mom's rely on hubby, single moms rely on help from friends, family, daycare, child support(if dad's not a deadbeat), Hubby relies on me to make dinner!lol I can't think of a single person who doesn't rely on someone for something! Is it so wrong? It seems like some people see it as weekness or something. I think if people would work more as a team a lot could be accomplished. People count on me every day! My kids rely on me! Are they weak?

Musicmom80

Asked by Musicmom80 at 10:13 PM on Aug. 26, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Your kids aren't weak, they are just human. Just like the rest of us are. Although people really don't think they rely on someone, they do in one way or another. They just don't want to admit it. Why do you think we are on Cafemom? Even we need advice now and then. Without friends or family, who would we be?
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 12:06 AM on Aug. 27, 2010

• Honestly, I can take care of myself. I have back up plans for pretty much everything. Child care is closed? I have a plan, Kid is sick? I have a plan. Child support is late? I have a plan. Store out of milk? I have a plan. Car not working? I have a plan.
    I work fine in a team and I have no problem with that. But you can be darned sure I have a plan if something doesn't go the way it should.
    Relying on others is not a weakness, but not knowing how to take care of yourself in a crisis -is.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 10:22 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• I know that I rely on farmers, truckers, technicians, office workers, medical people- many people who do things that I can't possibly study or develop the skills for. I rely on my husband a lot.

Answer by Bmat at 10:22 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• of course we all rely on someone else in some way or another but at the same time i feel one should be responsible for themselves financially and emotionally, cant expect someone to come save with every problem
    gothmama91

Answer by gothmama91 at 10:25 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• car isn't someone...

I learned to be independent since my family was never there for me. If you want to address me and call me a lair please address me in a PM instead of place it all over cafemom. Everyone doesn't need to know my life story and nether do you.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 10:16 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• I agree...unless you live on a deserted island you rely on other people.

scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 10:19 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• I think she means liar. I am extemely independent, but no not totally self reliant. I do tend to find however, when I rely on someone it tends to not be a good thing.
    CorrinaWithrow

Answer by CorrinaWithrow at 10:21 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• Girl? You have TOO much time on your hands to think things to death. Yea i have a hubby and car and the good at a store to "rely" on, but Even if the hubby was gone I DONT rely on him to survive. Thats what it meant to not have to rely on someone else to survive. Not material things.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 10:27 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• Also when did I ever say if people rely on others they are weak? Don't put words in my mouth please.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 10:18 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• THANK YOU Layh!
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 10:23 PM on Aug. 26, 2010