How would pulling out of Iraq suddenly let the terrorists take over the US?

I hear it all the time.... if we pull out of Iraq there will be another terror attack on our soil. Exactly, how does us being in Iraq stop a terror attack here? Exactly, what would happen if we pulled out? I don't get it. It makes NO SENSE! Iraq had nothing to with 9/11.... the terrorists came in when we took out Saddam. I understand there are terrorists there now. There are also terror cells within our borders... and within the majority of countries worldwide. The main training camps are in Afghanistan...
Oh and neither Obama or McCain want to just pull out of Iraq. Obama wants to slowly pull out and relocate troops to Afghanistan.

Kerfuffle

Asked by Kerfuffle at 8:33 PM on Oct. 9, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• That's just a way for them to scare us. I don't pay any attention to it.
    lilbit837

Answer by lilbit837 at 8:40 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• it's call republican scare tactics.
    ny.chica

Answer by ny.chica at 8:41 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• As long as, we hide behind fear and continue to pull our selves down this economic crisis, the terrorist have already won.
    momandvet

Answer by momandvet at 8:42 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• it's not pulling out of Iraq and an attack on our country we're worried about it's pulling out of Iraq just so Obama can send our troops over to deal with Iran's crap, their nuclear weapons and maybe chemical weapons they were told not to make. -Sincerely Cyndi "D
    SuperbowlBoys

Answer by SuperbowlBoys at 8:43 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• I agree with the first two posters...it's just a little thing they like to call

scare tactics!

And the longer we let them scare us and keep us in fear...the worse it's going to get.

caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 8:55 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• For the record, I am not in favor of just pulling out of Iraq suddenly.... I am just confused as to how leaving Iraq would suddenly mean terror attacks on our soil. I mean... 9/11... all they need is a box cutter and an airplane. A person who is hell bent on destroying us could become a commercial pilot... fly for a year or years with no incident and then suddenly one day fly a plane into a building.
    Kerfuffle

Answer by Kerfuffle at 9:07 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• It seriously is just fear mongering.

Aubles

Answer by Aubles at 9:08 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• Kerfuffle I don't think anyone is for just pulling out of Iraq suddenly. but we do need to start planning an out. one that is suscessfull and doesn't take 5-10 years.
    ny.chica

Answer by ny.chica at 9:10 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• What don't you get????????
    They will come here and bomb us. Just like the Israelis get bombed and attacked all the time. If you want to live in a country where your child can go to the mall and it gets blown up. Our troops being over there protects us. If people like the Taliban get a foothold again. They will teach and spread their terrorist views. We are the Devil to them and it is their duty to either convert us or kill us. If none of your loved ones have ever served it is hard for some people to grasp. It is not just the troops it's the families who have to listen to this as well that is very demoralizing.
    smartiemouth

Answer by smartiemouth at 9:21 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• I have friends and family in Iraq. Ok... explain how it will happen if we pull out Iraq? Are all the terrorists in Iraq? Are there none anywhere else? none in, say afghanistan? None in pakistan? None within our own borders, right now?
    Kerfuffle

Answer by Kerfuffle at 9:23 PM on Oct. 9, 2008