MIL AGAIN!

I have ONE box at my mil's and dh and I were told we were not allowed there, and i can't get my stuff unless I coordinate through a 3rd person. Should I coordinate through this person, or have a police escort me to get my belongings. I am pregnant and can't handle what will go on if I go alone, and my dd is NOT walking into that house with the dog that wants to bite her, so dh can't go in with me.

kbishop8688

Asked by kbishop8688 at 10:41 PM on Aug. 26, 2010 in Relationships

• I would take a family member or a friend. If you think they will get hostel then would call a cop to escort you. GOOD LUCK
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 10:44 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• thanks mommy of two
    kbishop8688

Comment by kbishop8688 (original poster) at 10:44 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• Holy crap just have your man get it. Or call the cops to escort you. I hate to waste community resources because they are idiots.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 10:50 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• more than idiots. It's only one freaking box. my sil isn't allowed to bring it and drop it off on her way past my house to her friend at anytime... (she's 19 yrs. old) It's stupid, and I would have dh go, but i'm afraid for mil's safety after what she has said since then, he doesn't need a record or jail time..
    kbishop8688

Comment by kbishop8688 (original poster) at 10:53 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• Wow thats crazy I would get the police and I would get the box and be done with it.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 10:56 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• sounds like you have no other choice but to call the police - even if you try to make arrangements it seems she will put up obstacles. having the police show up at her door might shock a little sense into her to stop acting like an ass...
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 11:21 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• if you left there anyway do you really need it. i think you have stirred the pot here a little to much with the line you fed her in the first place by saying see i can be "something i forget what" i do recall it was rather childish of you both to act the way you guys are acting. if you can do without until she calms down then do so. dragging this out is just making the situation worse between you two and your hubby. your can really bring up a lot of resentment. not to mention that maybe you should apologize and just be the better person here. bringing cops to do this is not a real good use of the system and tax payers money.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 11:35 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• I would call the police, get your stuff and cut MIL out of your life.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 11:36 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• Why can't your DH go with you, it's his mother right? It sounds like he would rather avoid her too. Can you get a family member or a friend pick up the box for you? I wouldn't take my daughter either if the dog would rather bite her. I wish you luck.
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 11:52 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• call police
    regian19832002

Answer by regian19832002 at 12:28 AM on Aug. 27, 2010