Has anyone else noticed...

...that after having children, we begin to lose our language?

I just read a post where the bathroom/restroom/ladies room/john/etc. was referred to as the "potty", but it was not in reference to children. Made me think about how many other "childrens words" we begin to use on a regular basis.

ObbyDobbie

Asked by ObbyDobbie at 10:59 PM on Aug. 26, 2010 in Just for Fun

• omg yes i always catch myself going hunny i gotta go potty i will bee right back
    jesslovesyou08

Answer by jesslovesyou08 at 11:00 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• OH YEAH! Instead on blanket you say blankie. Instead of hurt you say boo boo or owie
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 11:00 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• Oh hell no. Are you kidding me? I asked my husband after he used the bathroom did you have any problems in there. He said 'false alarm' ... We even discuss his pooping problems. Come on I am not his mom am I?
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 11:01 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• Oh absolutely! I say, "tinkle" and "stinky" for the "potty" words.
    I find myself calling my husband "Daddy" even when the kids aren't in the room. Haha. It's embarrassing when it happens in public... lol!
    Biz1985

Answer by Biz1985 at 11:02 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• =) Yepp.. I dont know how to stop, but I rather say poo then slip up & say are you done taking a shit yet.... I made that mistake when he was one.... bad boo-boo.
    lilmoosesmom

Answer by lilmoosesmom at 11:04 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• That is probably my least favorite thing about being a mom... Mom Speak.. shivers...
    I try not to do it, but it slips out sometimes anyway.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 11:04 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• Oh yes. I think about it all the time, like when My husband has his friends over, I tell them no cussing when the kids are around. and it will be several hours after the kids are asleep and we are all still saying "well she was being a real B" these guys don't even have kids and THEY do it. I know I've got to be worse haha.
    Amelia512

Answer by Amelia512 at 11:05 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• I don't find myself doing that. I don't tend to use "Children's Words" when talking to my children. I say the words that I would normally say, so that they know what to call it when they can talk.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 11:24 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• Yeah. :-) When my appendix was hurting so bad last week, I told the doctor it was a "major bad f@cking boo-boo". I like to mix the kid and adult speak up a bit :-)
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 11:27 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• Not too much. We really try to use "real" words with our son so that he uses those words. That said, we use Potty and certain words that our son recognizes and can use in response. We also use kid-approved words in lieu of bad words.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 1:45 AM on Aug. 27, 2010