Should husband call if he's planning to stay at work an extra 30 minutes??

My husband gets off at 6pm sharp. He gets in the door about 7:15. By almost 8pm he wasn't home. No call. No text. No email.

He walks in just before 8pm and is astounded that I am pi$$ed off that he didn't let me know he was staying late. He said to "shhh" and that I was a "bit*&".
He stayed after work to play VIDEO GAMES.

Was it right for me to be ticked???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:10 PM on Aug. 26, 2010 in Relationships

• ID BE PISSED IF HE STAYED JUST TO PLAY GAMES...HE COULD HAVE DONE THAT AT HOME AND SAVE YOU FROM WORRYING ABOUT HIM ESPECIALLY SINCE HE COULDN'T EVEN SEND A TEXT. I MEAN COME ON ITS NOT HARD TO SAY HONEY ILL BE HOME A BIT L8. BUT MEN DONT THINK WE CARE FOR SUM REASON. ANYHOW THE FACT THAT HE SHHHD YOU IS THE REAL REASON YOU NEED TO MAD AT AT THIS POINT. THATS RIGHT OUT RUDE AND HURTFUL CUZ ALL YOU WANTED WAS AN SIMPLE CALL OR TEXT. MEN I TELL YA. GOOD LUCK GIRLY.
    GUDMOMMY86

Answer by GUDMOMMY86 at 11:19 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• I don't see the issue. I can see you being concerned, but I think being pissed is a bit of an exaggeration. My husband works late sometimes and doesn't call unless it goes past 7:00. No big deal.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 11:12 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• Id be a bit peeved.
    ToriBabe1221

Answer by ToriBabe1221 at 11:15 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• If you have a gut feeling than go with it. Unless you have been watching to much lifetime tv (lol) Id say your concerns are for good reason!
    mymestey

Answer by mymestey at 11:16 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• Yes! I'd be peeved. Even if my husband is leaving right on time I just like a text to know he's on the way. It's kind of my cue to get the house ready for him- Dinner, etc.

If he stayed after to play video games (which sounds like something he'd do), I guarantee you my man wouldn't have told me either because he would be avoiding the storm as long as possible... Haha!
    Biz1985

Answer by Biz1985 at 11:12 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• Well its polite to call but I don't think I'd get super mad. Did you text him? I guess I may have tried that or called him. My SO doesn;t always call if he is late but I usually just call him if I have not heard from hi and I am concerned. With my SO work gets busy and he is hot and tired so typically he is just trying to get home. When I get off I am kinda like that too. I also work FT.
    hill2

Answer by hill2 at 11:15 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• I wouldn't be upset if it were a once in a while thing. Video games at work though? lol
    Jessica157

Answer by Jessica157 at 11:16 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• I wouldnt be mad...not to say that you don't have the right. Just let him know what you expect but don't be naggy.
    Mel_in_PHX

Answer by Mel_in_PHX at 11:16 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• i think id be concern , just because since we r getting use to seeing them walk tru the door at an exact time everyday , then a different time kinda gets us worry ............ i get worry too , just tell him , plz let me know if u gonna be late next time so i can know and have your dinner ready for u and not for it to be cold and also , so i do not worry , thinking that something is wrong !

my boo tells me sometimes and other times not , lol ........... so if hes like 20 mins late i just call him to make sure his ok and to k so i know around wut time i can reheat his food lol
    happymom1988

Answer by happymom1988 at 11:17 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• I would be mad. You don't know if he got in an accident or not. I wouldn't care if he stayed later but I would like to know so I don't worry.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 11:17 PM on Aug. 26, 2010