Do you think some people have been on the internet so long they don't realize how rude they really come off?

Wow, some of the remarks and arguing I see on all these websites, Facebook, Twitter, here, Chatrooms etc, the things people accuse other people of. Name calling, insensitive remarks when someone has a simple question, or a hard time. I bet some of these people are really nice people in their daily lives and they just take all their frustrations out on a computer! I can count more people being negative than positive. Are you nicer in person? Would you speak to people in your everyday life the way you do on a computer? It seems easy to fire off on an icon on a keyboard! Is it easy to forget that it's a real person? Being totally serious! I could see how easy it would be to just pop off on someone......

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:11 PM on Aug. 26, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I dont know what heck you are talking about!

:)
    Roadfamily6now

Answer by Roadfamily6now at 11:12 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• Im the same I am off line when Im on line. Its just who I am. I dont think beiing fake gets you anywhere in life....... =) but thats just me. & I really do try to be nice on line, but somethings you just cant help.
    lilmoosesmom

Answer by lilmoosesmom at 11:13 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• I say the same stuff on line that I do in real life. I also own what I say and don't feel the need to hide. Some may be rude on here since they'll never see the people they call names but I think most are the same either place.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 11:13 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• I'm myself online and off line. I say what's on my mind. I'm blunt person.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 11:15 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• I think you're on to something. I think many people find it easier to be mean on the computer than in real life. It's like traffic. Even the "nicest" people get road rage because they see a car they're mad at, not a person. Online you see an avatar or text, not a person, so it's easier to get crazy on them.
    Biz1985

Answer by Biz1985 at 11:15 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• i agree - unfortunately we are so separated by technology and convenience people are that way in real life too...
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 11:16 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• I am who I am all of the time no need to pretend and like my mother taught us can't say something nice don't say andthing at all.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 11:17 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• I totally get it! I think it is easier for people to say things on here or get a little carried away because it's not face to face. And people can't hear your voice to hear where you are really coming from so they get upset. I see it on my FB all the time, people fighting over a photocomment or something silly. Things can get really mis interpreted sometimes. But I will say this....I will look you in the eye and tell you I don't agree with something any day. No problem. Computer or not! ;)
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 11:18 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• Not nearly as often as people read insults where they don't exist, add anger where it was never written and just generally assume anyone who disagrees with them is attacking them.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 11:20 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• OMG Not Panicking hit the nail on the head baby!!!! YEAH!!!
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 11:22 PM on Aug. 26, 2010