lump in breast? adult content

So I had my well women exam and I have a small lump in my left breast. She scheduled me for an U/S. I am not really sure how concerned I should be....Has anyone had a lump and did a U/S or even mammo and was it ok? I am kinda worried but not trying to stress yet.

hill2

Asked by hill2 at 11:20 PM on Aug. 26, 2010 in Health

• I never had this problem but I wish you the best of luck. Try not to stress about it to much.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 11:21 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• I had one once and it was just a calcium something or other. They said it would disappear and it did. ..I'm 28 now, I think I was probably 23 or 24 at the time.
    LostTheSlipper

Answer by LostTheSlipper at 11:23 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• My mom had 2 but everything was OK. Truly, best of luck! I would be worried sick! {{{Hugs}}}
    Mel_in_PHX

Answer by Mel_in_PHX at 11:26 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• some breasts are more dense than others so it could be just normal dense tissue or could be a swollen lymp node or just a begnin cyst. dont stress about it too much until after you have the u/s i know its easier said than done but trust me it could be a million things that are completely begnin
    laura970

Answer by laura970 at 11:26 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• I have a lump in my breast doctor is watching it have had two mamograms. GL Momma
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 11:29 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• Usually they are not what you are worried about. Before your U/S you may want to cut out all caffeine. Lots of women have lumps and are fine. That yours was discovered and is being checked is a good thing. Please keep us updated about your results? (In a new question is best or a PM)

Answer by Bmat at 11:32 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• Thanks ladies...I am not stressing but yes I am worried. i appreciate the feedback!
    hill2

Comment by hill2 (original poster) at 11:43 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• i've known lots of people who've had lumps examined (including myself) just to make sure that nothing was going on. there are alot of things that can cause them. of course cancer is one of those but there are many common noncancerous lumps. take it one step at a time and don't get caught up in the maybes - you are having a test that will tell you what's going on - that is the best you can do under any circumstance.
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 12:17 AM on Aug. 27, 2010