ok so is it normal not to fell your baby move as much after you go walking or cleanin or am i us being to parinod

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:29 PM on Aug. 26, 2010 in Pregnancy

• my 2nd and 3rd pregnancies were like dead weight, they never moved! my last pregnancy he only moved after 10 pm, explains why he won't sleep before 2 am, lol but my first one was the funnest because she was always active.
    my point here is every pregnancy is different as long as you get a twitch no and then you are fine
    togo90210

Answer by togo90210 at 11:32 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• When you're working and moving around, that's usually when baby is lulled to sleep. =)
    Erin814

Answer by Erin814 at 11:32 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• Baby is probably asleep. If baby has been active throughout the day I wouldn't worry. If you want to ease your mind drink a glass of oj then lay on your left side and count kicks, 10 within an hour is good.
    jupiter84

Answer by jupiter84 at 11:33 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• Yep, drink some OJ if you're concerned and lay still...it may wake the baby up!
    Mom_2_cuties

Answer by Mom_2_cuties at 11:33 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• I have an active baby as well and when he slows down, it scares me. I think seeing things online about miscarriages and complications tend to raise our anxiety abotu things like this. My mom had to have stress tests all the time because my Brother didn't move. My baby tends to get wild around 10PM and when he doesn't, I freak out.
    hsmominky

Answer by hsmominky at 11:35 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• It's very important that you keep up with your BABY KICK COUNTS. As long as you do those than I wouldn't worry about how much movement your baby does after a walk or cleaning. For your Kick counts you are suppose to be resting any ways. You need to be nice and relaxed sitting down or laying down. You should feel your baby move 10 times in ONE hour. If you do not feel your baby move 10 times in one hour, get up have some juice and a small snack.....and start over again. If again you do not have 10 movements in one hour, you need to go to L&D. You need to count any movement as one (a roll, kick, push, anything).
    armywife81803

Answer by armywife81803 at 11:46 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• i read that babies are kinda rocked to sleep by your activity. i read alot on this a while ago because i didn't feel my baby move hardly at all until the end of the range of time considered normal, and overall i don't feel alot of movement, but i am high risk and everything says baby is doing great. it kinda freaks me out that i don't feel him moving for long periods of time, but he is consistently up at 11 pm and pretty active then - maybe i notice it most because i am usually chillin in bed on CM at that time... as for kick counts after a recent ER trip they told me ten times in four hours... i think every OB has a different way of counting. i don't do kick counts - i keep forgetting to ask my ob about them because there is always something else weird going on (anxiety, shocking myself on refrigerator, etc. etc.)
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 12:33 AM on Aug. 27, 2010

• sometimes after you go walking, the rocking motion will put the baby to sleep. If you are worried about fetal movement, I would eat/drink something with a bit of sugar in it and lay on your side for a little while. That usually got mine moving if I was worried about them. :) Good luck with your pregnancy/new baby!
    Kword

Answer by Kword at 1:14 AM on Aug. 27, 2010

• My DD used to not move much when I was walking or doing something. I think that usually puts them to sleep. She was most active when I was laying down and trying to sleep myself! lol.
    poptart0325

Answer by poptart0325 at 11:17 AM on Aug. 27, 2010