How do I get my 15 year old son to show more interest in school

My 15 year old son is very smart , but his school grades don't show it.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:54 PM on Oct. 9, 2008 in Teens (13-17)

• i think right now his interest is probrably in girls, my 15 yr. old was that way and he finally realized that girls dont like guys with bad grades..believe me he will come out of it..
    rockingrobin

Answer by rockingrobin at 12:47 AM on Oct. 10, 2008

• Try getting him to do a little bit of research into different careers. How much does the typical musician make? How much schooling does a policeman need? What does a video game designer need to learn? Let him pick the careers to investigate but have him find out how much they make, if they need to live in a certain part of the country for that job, if they need a college degree, how much luck is involved in landing a good job. Some real world info that he finds himself may help motivate him and may help him pick a direction.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 2:16 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• Tell him that he's going to miss out on all the great party colleges if he doesn't have the GPA to get into them. Ok that was me being silly....a bit. But it's how I got my son to do better.

Answer by admckenzie at 10:34 PM on Oct. 11, 2008

• Is he to smart for there curriculum? If a kids to smart for the work they are asking for then sometimes they will slack in it..
    homemom1620

Answer by homemom1620 at 8:35 AM on Oct. 13, 2008

• tell your son that its hard in school but it is even harder without it..........then list a few people that did it w/school like einstein and those guys

have you ever thought about homeschooling?
    it will make your child want to go back to school..........
    just ask him personal questions like has he had sex w/a female yet and if he does tell you did he get any stds believe me he'll go to school then lol
    momwteens1970

Answer by momwteens1970 at 1:32 PM on Oct. 13, 2008