I know it's early but looking for advise for day care

I've been on doctor ordered bedrest for my entire pregnancy and my boss calls me to ask me when I'm coming back to work and if I'll be working full time. No choice there as our health insurance is through my job. The problem is, grandma won't be able to baby-sit like we originally planned, so now I'm looking at day care centers. Any one have any pointers on what I should look for in a facility?

pcosmom2

Asked by pcosmom2 at 11:34 PM on Aug. 26, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• start interviewing in home people, get credit checks, hire them for a help to get to know them. The reality of bedrest is a medically fragile baby is possible. RSV is too big a risk in my world for newborns.

If your a set on a center (I was lead teacher for 10 years in an infant toddler center)...look for a primary care giving system, safe store of your milk or formula and safe warming, watch them to see if they wash their hands before and after every caregiving task....do a county check of their license. How much crying do you hear at the center when you check it out? Crying is healthy, but what are the kids asking for and how do the caregivers respond...are kids waiting for their turn to be feed? Are kids held for feeding and burping every time?
    surfcitymom

Answer by surfcitymom at 1:47 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• I would go and look in all the day care you have by you. some daycare are really bad and some are good. Not only that they best one are the one that cost the most
    sguy1983

Answer by sguy1983 at 12:19 AM on Aug. 27, 2010

• Show up at the day cares without calling first...that way you get to see it as it is all the time.

Nsbgirl

Answer by Nsbgirl at 8:11 AM on Aug. 27, 2010