Does your husband help out with kids when your hurt or sick???

My husband hardly helps with stuff like baths and I don't push the fact,but today I burned my finger and it hurt like hell. I asked him to help out by giving the our 2 year old a bath and he acted like it was a big deal, so I just did it. It pissed me off that he didn't help me out. I am still a little angry. ahhhh

mommyfox03

Asked by mommyfox03 at 11:34 PM on Aug. 26, 2010 in Relationships

• My husband helps everyday, regardless of my condition.
    Erin814

Answer by Erin814 at 11:36 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• I had a hernia operation and he said I could do them when I felt better.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 11:37 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• i have thought this once or twice but lately i can't say that i wish he would do more since he really does do a lot. i think though that he does wish and expect to do more and i think i really should. i'm sorry your husband is being a dick. i would just tell him that he was being very insensitive and maybe next time he wants sex just don't give him any, say something like i'm to tired from doing so much with the kids all day. after all does he really deserve it.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 11:40 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• LOL I was thinking that. I guess cause he works and I stay home I feel like I should do everything, but I was in a lot of pain and needed a little help for once.
    mommyfox03

Comment by mommyfox03 (original poster) at 11:46 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• I couldn't do it without him! I am soooo lucky! I had the hardest day today and he was so sweet! He's the one thing that didn't fall apart today!
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 11:47 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• I had a bad day I burned my arm and finger pretty bad and we lost power while I was cooking dinner. I just want to scream.
    mommyfox03

Comment by mommyfox03 (original poster) at 11:48 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• i do it all but whe he is sick he wants to be babbied
    regian19832002

Answer by regian19832002 at 12:26 AM on Aug. 27, 2010

• Yeah....NO. I have had 3 surgeries since we have been married. His "helping" me consists of bringing me back from the hospital then plopping himself into his game chair to play video games. I pretty much had to bang on the wall to get him to remember I might need something. Honestly it was easier to just fill up on Vicodin and do everything myself. But when he needs me - I am 100% there for him. Whatever.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 1:01 AM on Aug. 27, 2010

• I'm pretty lucky, my DH will help out without me even asking - he can tell if I'm sick, and just does what needs to be done. Sorry about your finger, burns are the worst!
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 9:37 AM on Aug. 27, 2010

• Of course he helps out, all the time, not just when I'm sick. We're a team that he takes pride in being a part of. Sorry you're married to an absolute tool.
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 10:01 AM on Aug. 27, 2010