Public Opinion Question: Do you think the Mosque should be build next to Ground Zero in NYC?

I'm curious to know what people who don't live in NYC think.

Denise2000

Asked by Denise2000 at 11:36 PM on Aug. 26, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I have no problem with it at all.
    Erin814

Answer by Erin814 at 11:37 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• YES
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 11:37 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• I don't care where it's built; I just question the people BEHIND IT and HOW it's being funded!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:38 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• America was founded on the principal of freedom. And without freedom of religion and choice; are as bad as the countries who don't allow freedom at all. Perhaps, with understanding and respect what happened on 9/11 will never happen again. It is time for us to stand united for all and realize that only through open communication and dialect can we resolve the crisis of our global community.
    EyeofOdin

Answer by EyeofOdin at 11:41 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• It would be insulting but our own government is probably behind it. I think the victims families should get to decide!
    mymestey

Answer by mymestey at 11:41 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• Do they have a right to build it?  Yes

Should they build it?  No

Natesmom507

Answer by Natesmom507 at 11:43 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• yes i do. i feel its a bit of a slap in the face. people in their community killed thousands of people and caused alot of pain and suffering. if they want to build a mosque fine but why there of all places? what is their motive? americans are scared heavily from that event from a group of people in that religon useing that religon to justify what they were doing.
    weather or not its true i have heard that apparently they build a mosque near sites that they have conquered or won a battle. jus tthe thought of that and where they want to build it makes me cringe.
    laura970

Answer by laura970 at 11:45 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• No they should not build it.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 11:55 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• I fully support it being built.
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 11:58 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• "I think the victims families should get to decide! "

I'm totally not in support of letting anyone's rights be decided by anyone. They are guaranteed in the Constitution and are not up for discussion or a vote by anyone. That's the whole point of rights.
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 12:00 AM on Aug. 27, 2010