Where can I take 2 kids (7 and 1 year old) on a mini-vacation in/around KY?

efl79rx

Asked by efl79rx at 9:04 PM on Oct. 9, 2008 in Travel

• Maybe a local amusement park or water park, zoo or children's museum?
    LovingParent08

Answer by LovingParent08 at 2:34 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• not sure what part of kentucky you are in but it's full of parks and caves and wonderful lakes. I'm from Louisville and that alone is a vacation for kids! Speed Art Museum has a downstairs for kids (hands on section). Downtown has the bat factory and Science (hands on) museum. It has Six Flags/Ky Kingdom. It has some great parks and forests. There is always something for little kids to do.

Answer by admckenzie at 6:44 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• I just drove my 4,3, and 2 year old through Land Between the Lakes. It beautiful, alot of places to stop and look at nature, bison and elk herds. My parents were staying at the RV park there. You can also take them to the Kentucky Dam.
    barrettboys

Answer by barrettboys at 11:47 PM on Oct. 15, 2008

• :)
    Kentucky Down Under-Great petting zoo even a bird sanctuary-Near Crystal Caves-Near Mamoth Cave.-Hodgenville,Ky,The Abe Lincoln park..and Campbellsville-Green River*Cumberland Falls-near Corbin..Beautiful family pictures on the big Boulders and of course the Falls
    Kentucky Horse Park outside of Lexington-Reasonable rates for horseback riding*If you go to Lexington try to find Raven Run- a real natures lovers place- pack a picnic-This is near Jacobsin Park-They have paddle boats and a really neat castle playground*And of coarse the Louisville Zoo and Cherokee park-go to Louisville- you can also eat DimSum on Sunday and Monday at the restaurant called The Jade Palace-You have to get the turnip cakes and I am not sure what they are called-but, they wrapped in a rice flour crepe with shrimp or pork and the kids favorite the sticky rice wrapped in a grape leaf-Good family time and not expensive.
    Have Fun :)
    laurasmiles

Answer by laurasmiles at 10:23 PM on Oct. 16, 2008

• read my jounal post about it
    KRISTAL_WILDER

Answer by KRISTAL_WILDER at 2:15 PM on Aug. 15, 2009