Any one who actually knows any thing about PA (not just claims to)...

Do you see the issue in this statement?

"The other day I watched someone buy beer with a cash benefits card. Really ticked me off cause I pay taxes to help them get those benefits. "

I am really hoping I'm not the only one who sees the error in this supposed claiming of false witnessing.

hot-mama86

Asked by hot-mama86 at 11:38 PM on Aug. 26, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Wow that might possibly be one of the dumbest things I've heard of someone saying recently. You can't buy beer or anything like that with PA, or at least the last time I checked you can't.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 11:40 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• Here you cant buy beer with food stamps BUT you can ring everything up at the same time and the stuff covered by FS separates out and you have to pay the balance on the rest. So that COULD be true.

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 11:44 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• no but seriously...I was once behind an obese woman who must have had 6-10 gallons of ice cream and a few boxes of soda. I watched her pay with foodstamps. Annoying!!!
    And Braden-Most likely if a person is qualifying for assistance they arent paying taxes. I dont pay taxes and I still dont qualify.
    jenellemarie

Answer by jenellemarie at 11:46 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• I work full time and pay taxes, I get FS and my son is on Medicaid.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 11:48 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• Maybe he saw the guy use a credit card to pay for everything that was not allowed on the food card, and just assumed that he was paying for it with food assistance.
    Iamgr8teful

Answer by Iamgr8teful at 11:49 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• VIA CNN

For nearly 50 years, the government has helped feed struggling families across the nation through its Food Stamp Program. These days, instead of stamps, the government sends out debit cards funded by your tax dollars. The problem? Some people are illegally using those cards to get cash, beer, cigarettes, and worse. Our John Zarrella reports for the second part of our AM original series,

http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/us/2010/03/18/zarrella.welfare.fraud.cnn

Crissy1213

Answer by Crissy1213 at 12:01 AM on Aug. 27, 2010

• Yeah its about where you go. Some places turn you away others don't So I believe when people say they use it for such bs items. I am never all up in people baskets and shit but if someone posted they saw it I wouldn't deny it ever happening.
    Crissy1213

Answer by Crissy1213 at 12:05 AM on Aug. 27, 2010

• Is that even allowed? To buy beer with cash benefits I mean.
    luvsmysonjames

Answer by luvsmysonjames at 11:41 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• Yep, and just the other day I saw someone buy weed with food stamps too.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 11:42 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• There is two sides of the card. Food and Cash. The cash side you can buy what so ever. I use to work as a checker and I had a mother come through buying beer and ciggs with her cash side and a bunch of crap with her food side.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 11:44 PM on Aug. 26, 2010