Any thoughts on GARDASIL? I'm going to ask my Dr. about it for my 13 yo daughter.

Denise2000

Asked by Denise2000 at 11:40 PM on Aug. 26, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• Too many risk with it.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 11:43 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• agree with BrandenIsMySon! My DD is only 8, but if the status quo remands on this product my daughter will NOT be receiving it!
    SAHMinIL2

Answer by SAHMinIL2 at 11:51 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• Please, please do some research before you consider having your daughter vaccinated with this. Many young women have had severe reactions (including seizures), and some have died. I am a nurse, and my daughter will not be getting this one. BTW, I am a big believer in vaccines, but I think this one is dangerous.
    Iamgr8teful

Answer by Iamgr8teful at 12:11 AM on Aug. 27, 2010

• They are doing boys also.........

I just got my son it, no reactions what so ever. I will also be doing mt dd's,
    luckysevenwow

Answer by luckysevenwow at 12:12 AM on Aug. 27, 2010

• the doctor is going to encourage it because you will be paying them for the vaccine. the fact is there are over 70 strands of the hvp virus and guardasil only protects against four and the vaccine was only researched and tested for about 5 years before released so no one knows the long term effects of it
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 12:32 AM on Aug. 27, 2010

• One kid with no reaction out of many, many that did...still not enough for me. My son will not be getting it.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 1:38 AM on Aug. 27, 2010

• I am a big supporter of vaccines, but I dont feel comfortable enough with this one. Minimal research on long term effect and potency. Side effects to risky and high. I am also a nurse and will not get this vaccine for my daughters.
    momsbreak5654

Answer by momsbreak5654 at 4:37 AM on Aug. 27, 2010

• Ok, look at the UK for research on it. It has been there for a lot longer. Too many females are not sterile or dead due to this vaccine. Plus it only MAY protect you against 4 strains of HPV and there are hundreds of them. Plus it only lasts for 5 years yet there is no booster. Yet the average age a female develops HPV is around 30. So there really seems to be no point to me.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 9:41 AM on Aug. 27, 2010

• I thought about it when it came it and asked the doctor about it, of course I have boys but I thought if I could protect my boys and the spreading to girls (I have HPV) I would do it. However after researching I decided against it for the same reasons above.
    blessedwboysx3

Answer by blessedwboysx3 at 10:44 AM on Aug. 27, 2010

• i was talking to my mom about this earilier told her i don't think i want my girls to have it when they get that age
    sherryb1273

Answer by sherryb1273 at 5:20 PM on Aug. 27, 2010