Do you believe in God?

I'm just curious really. I mean I believe there is a heaven and a hell, but I don' t really believe there is a God ruling it all. This all may be because I grew up going to a church that ended up not being very good for me, or it may be because I just watched some of the Zietgiest movie I don't know, but tell me what you think.

ednakrabapple

Asked by ednakrabapple at 9:07 PM on Oct. 9, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• I don't believe in god, because how can you believe in something that cant be proven to exist?
    Your just believing in nothing but something that you imagine that's real because of some so called "faith" you have to have.
    I dont know, until this so called "god" is proven to exists then ill see if that's what i want.
    mamaxkitty

Answer by mamaxkitty at 9:17 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• yes..and for me, believing in heaven/hell, but not God, is like believing in the North Pole, but not Santa. i don't see any point in one without the other.
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 9:18 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• I don't worship or specifically believe in (though I do acknowledge) big G, little -od, God of Abraham God...but I do believe in diety as a whole. I just believe in lots of dieties, in the Jungian sense, as part of a pantheistic universe.
    thalassa

Answer by thalassa at 9:22 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• I believe in a spiritual highness, not a father. I believe that the bible along with other religious books are fables in a way, more of a way of life through underlying meaning. I believe if we open our minds and clear our thoughts we will be offered opportunity daily to experience heaven. I love to meditate and try to become one with my inner self. I am a spiritual person but not religious at all. My catholic upbringing haunts me a lot but I know that it is not my beliefs but my father’s voice I hear. My Nana, was Native American and shared a lot of the “earth stories” with me. She was very spiritual in the same way as I am. Every time I find myself feeling confused…I think of her stories and “pray” to her for strength and guidance.
    njmommy2boys

Answer by njmommy2boys at 9:22 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• Yes. As thalassa put it - I believe in big G, little od, God. LOL.
    DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 9:24 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• I believe in God because of creation and what I have experienced in my life. I have no other explanation than to know that God exists. And I believe he came to earth as man in Jesus Christ. I have experienced the presence of evil and thus I know there has to be the opposite of that--which is a loving God. It takes more faith to believe the astronomical possibility of life "just happening" than to believe in a Creator. There is so much that only leads to a Creator God and especially what I have seen and experienced in my own life.  It humbles me that God who created the whole world can make himself so personal to me---and those are things that can't be explained. 

Anonymous

• I know there is a God . He has done so much for me and my family and he is still going to be God weather u believe in him or not. He will be God to the ones that do and the bible says every knee shall bow and ever tounge confess that he is lord. I thank God for all that he was done for me and for mamax its called faith u have to have faith in God . Jesus died for u becuase he loved u...
    hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 9:37 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• how can i have faith in something that doesn't exists?
    I can have faith in my self cause duh im a person and i KNOW i exists.
    It just sounds dumb to me to believe in something no one has ever seen, but just read a damn book.
    sorry thats not for me, im a proud atheist.
    mamaxkitty

Answer by mamaxkitty at 9:48 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• Yes, I believe in God.
    Redteux

Answer by Redteux at 9:51 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• I know there is a God and I know He loves and cares for me. It is the ONLY explanation for all the miraculous things that have taken place in my life
    humaniterian87

Answer by humaniterian87 at 9:52 PM on Oct. 9, 2008