HELP!!!

My 2 year old fell off a spining chair and hit her head on the front porch it was about 2 feet from the ground she has a good little bump on her head. Its time for bed and she acting normal she cried for a few but no confusion or anything out of ordinary just keeps saying her head hurts. My mom says its ok for her to go to bed but my husbands mom is telling me to wait. Any advice shes starting to get irrtiable its way past bed time.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:45 PM on Aug. 26, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• How long ago did it happen?
    Erin814

Answer by Erin814 at 11:47 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• Give her some motrin for the swelling and pain. As long as she is still acting normal then she will be fine to go to bed. However if you are that worried about her, then consider letting her sleep with you for the night. I have had many bumps on the head though and with no other signs of anything she seems fine.
    armywife81803

Answer by armywife81803 at 11:49 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• i wouldnt worry if she was acting confused or dizzy or vomiting then i would. but if your concerned i would keep her up for 30 mins to an hour. they are more resilent than we think. my kids are always falling off the couch onto the floor (hardwood) among many other things (swingset, chairs) and they all bounce right back after a bit of crying.
    laura970

Answer by laura970 at 11:51 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• about 45 mins ago

aggheff08

Answer by aggheff08 at 11:51 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• An outward bump is better than an inward dent, but I would not medicate so soon and if you think she hit hard enough that a concussion is a possibility, then you should keep her up until 2 hours after the fall. Good luck!
    Erin814

Answer by Erin814 at 11:58 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• LIke you said if she is acting normal and she wasnt knocked unconscious then she is fine. my son has done things to bump his head like that just giver her some tylenol or motrin and like army wife said if you are worried have her sleep with you. I would not worry though.
    djanowski775

Answer by djanowski775 at 2:53 AM on Aug. 27, 2010

• Give her some motrin and if she is acting normal let her go to bed, but keep an eye on her.
    myasmommy1107

Answer by myasmommy1107 at 1:04 PM on Aug. 27, 2010