Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

2 Bumps


My ex is trying to get sole custody of my children!
What do I do?
I am under so much stress right now and am feeling like loosing it!


Asked by agriffinmom4 at 11:47 PM on Aug. 26, 2010 in Relationships

Level 18 (4,874 Credits)
This question is closed.
Answers (5)
  • my husband tried too and spent a lot of money even though his attorney said that he chances are very slim. for one things judges always want mother to be the primary parent. only way you would be unfit is your a drug addict, you have abused your children and their are court or police records to back it up. cps has been involved with just you and kid issues. even if you don't have money if you can show a place to live like parents house you still keep your kids. men just make threats and the system prefers mothers be the primary. good luck

    Answer by melody77 at 11:59 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

  • Make sure you have everything you need to take care of them. You really don't want to slack in nothing that he can use against you.Good luck honey

    Answer by mamaofficer at 11:50 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

  • Get an attorney. More than likely, you will end up with 50-50, if he can show cause to receive more visitation. A lot of times men will go for full custody at the advice of their attorney - that way they can negotiate down to 50-50.

    Answer by Scuba at 9:31 AM on Aug. 27, 2010

  • a good attorney , and do what you can to show they have no cause

    Answer by sherryb1273 at 5:07 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

  • Get a good attorney or talk to legal aid they will help you. Your ex can not just get awarded sole custody out of the blue unless you have some major issues (drugs, cps, abuse)

    Answer by Kari_Noelle at 6:53 PM on Aug. 27, 2010