drainage... solution?

any one know how i can help and soothe my 4 mth old son?? his sinus cavity is draining causing his nose to run. i use the bulb and of course he doesnt like it. anything else i can do? also i always here him swallowing. at first he was spitting up and the swallowing it back down which hes done a few times but my mother told me he was probably swallowing mucus back down

mychocolatedrop

Asked by mychocolatedrop at 9:11 PM on Oct. 9, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• The only thing I know to tell you is to call your ped and see if he has any recommendations; unfortunately my son has the opposite problem of being stopped up and cann't breath through his nose.
    gwood

Answer by gwood at 10:11 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• Try elevating one end of his crib with a rolled up towel or pillow under the mattress. Some vicks baby rub will also help break up some mucus as well as a humidifier. Basically do the same things as if he were stuffy. And a trick on suctioning: Sit him up to do it. My DD cries a lot less when we do it that me. :) Hope he gets better soon!!
    Emmy_Dollface

Answer by Emmy_Dollface at 11:49 PM on Oct. 9, 2008