Have you ever hated someone with every fiber of your body? adult content

How did you cope with not kicking their ass every time you saw them or not speaking harshly to them on the phone. I mean there is this person that I have to be in contact with and I want to just beat the snot out of them. What did you do? Or would you do?

agriffinmom4

Asked by agriffinmom4 at 11:49 PM on Aug. 26, 2010 in Relationships

• Not really anymore, I did when I was younger. The opposite of love is not hate but indifference! It takes a lot of energy to love and to hate, neither are easy to do. It especially takes a whole lot of your being (your soul) to truly hate someone or something. I have found this to be quite helpful actually in reducing my stress, I simply choose not to pay any attention to things and people which I do not like. I choose to be indifferent. If you choose to put forth your energy into hating someone, you are only really hurting yourself because hate is just an internal feeling. Try to ignore the person and deal with them as little as possible and when you need to deal with them, be very matter-of-fact and unfeeling.
    truthteller0722

Answer by truthteller0722 at 1:43 AM on Aug. 27, 2010

• I had to move on, it was making me sick. I didn't realize for five years how much it contributed to my stress level even though I didn't think about it every minute of the day. I didn't realize how angry and depressed I really was until I was able to forgive him. It was a weight aken off my shoulders. We aren't friends or anything, I'm just at peace now. Hope you find it, I really do. It's amazing.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 11:53 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• I have been there with both of my kids daddy. Only talk to them when you have too,lord I know exactly what you are talking about.
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 11:53 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• Musicmom80 is so right that's what I had to do was forgive them. Do you know how easy it is to forgive somebody that beat you,cheated on you,after your daughter died he makes another girl and the child is born the same months as your. My daughter birthday was July 10th I buried her July 13th. The girl child was born the next year July the 19th.
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 11:59 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• Yeah but the bitch usually stayed away from me. She threaten to kick my ass once to some of our "mutual" friends and they laughed at her and told her i would stomp her. They later called and told me about it but since that day she only talks shit about me from afar and always has people around her if we ever do meet up. But i havent seen her in about a year.
    conweis

Answer by conweis at 11:59 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• You have to let go of the hate, it's only bad for you.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 12:02 AM on Aug. 27, 2010

• sshhhh I said a person lol you are not supposed to know who I am talking about lol
    agriffinmom4

Comment by agriffinmom4 (original poster) at 11:56 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• yes
    regian19832002

Answer by regian19832002 at 12:25 AM on Aug. 27, 2010

• Nope. I let go of the hate and turn it into apathy. I get to a place where I just don't care one way or the other about them. The best part is, they can tell that I don't hold the anger, and it makes them even madder at me. :)
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 9:30 AM on Aug. 27, 2010

• i try not to hate people, it takes away energy that they are not worthy of having
    3xangel

Answer by 3xangel at 4:02 PM on Aug. 27, 2010