Maybe I was fishing for a compliment, but...

I told my husband I have been feeling chubby because I am ganing, and went to find clothes today. He was like "I love you" but later (we were in bed) I said "you never said I wasn;t....(fat) and he said "I didnt? you're beatiful"

So...It irked me. Would it you? He never really SAID I was not fat.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:00 AM on Aug. 27, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Oh god married with children...... SO glad I never married someone like Al
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 12:09 AM on Aug. 27, 2010

• Please, not meant disrespectfully but you are playing games. You totally set yourself up.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 12:03 AM on Aug. 27, 2010

• You're reading to mush into this. He said you were beautiful
    If he said you were fat then you still would have gotten mad. It's a lose lose situation when women ask this type of question. Most aren't happy with what ever the answer is.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 12:03 AM on Aug. 27, 2010

• *much
    mommy_of_two388

• well maybe he doesnt want to lie. if he agrees you've put on a few pounds, what do you expect? and how the hell is being told your beautiful NOT a compliment? get over yourself and go work out. maybe the endorphins will put you in a better mood.
    coralbeth

Answer by coralbeth at 12:05 AM on Aug. 27, 2010

• Well, it sounds like he was trying to stay out of trouble, IMO. I know that I've gained weight, but DH will zip his lips if I ask a question like you asked. Don't be mad at him for it. He did say something pretty nice to you.
    Iamgr8teful

Answer by Iamgr8teful at 12:05 AM on Aug. 27, 2010

• sounds like either he is being as honest as he can be (believe that he thinks you're beautiful) without getting himself into trouble and/or he is not playing into your game...
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 12:07 AM on Aug. 27, 2010

• haha! So we do agree on something! momo2!!lol This reminds me of the Married w Children episode where Peg says "Al does this dress make me look fat?" and Al says "no it's the fat that makes you look fat!!"

Relax honey, he didn't call you fat! It probably went right over his head. Men do that!
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 12:07 AM on Aug. 27, 2010

• lol every now and then i ask my husband that question and its not to trap him but to just pole fun at him because he knows its a lose lose situation and will never answer it. so its a bit of a joke with us.
    laura970

Answer by laura970 at 12:05 AM on Aug. 27, 2010

• Get over myself. Wow. Are people rude because I am Anon?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:07 AM on Aug. 27, 2010