Do you have way too many clothes in your closet?

I have clothes from size 8 up to size 14. Now I am in size 12. I am starting to loose my faith that I'll ever get back to size 8, but I would hate to donate them because I spent a lot on them and because that would further diminish my motivation to loose weight.
So how do I solve the storage problem?

glenndoir

Asked by glenndoir at 12:06 AM on Aug. 27, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• get rid of anything too big for you.. thats deffinetly a start!! and if you havent wore it in the past 6 months.. its gone!!!
    momaholly

Answer by momaholly at 12:08 AM on Aug. 27, 2010

• Well, I was planning to make the size 14s into smaller size, I have a sewing machine and I know how to use it. Again, throwing it out is not an option, I spent a lot of money on them. I need storage advice. Something that is good for the clothes, where they have air, so don't tell me about the airtight storage.
    glenndoir

Comment by glenndoir (original poster) at 12:12 AM on Aug. 27, 2010

• no...LOL I have the leaste amt of clothes than anyone in this family! I gave my skinny clothes away because I will never be that small but its depressing!
    hill2

Answer by hill2 at 12:13 AM on Aug. 27, 2010

• yes i have a lot of clothes in my closetthat i cant waer rhight nowat all.but i have a 12 gril that can.iam so sad abouth that.i have to lose the lbs too.
    ladybug36519

Answer by ladybug36519 at 12:18 AM on Aug. 27, 2010

• Yes, because I plan on getting back into some of them.
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 2:14 AM on Aug. 27, 2010

• I get rid of anything that is not my current size. With the motivation of reaching a smaller size being that I can buy some new clothes. I would at least but them in a bin and put them in a place where they are out of the way and not taking up closet room. My closet is so full and it in not my clothes. It is my husband and daughters because we share a walk in and it is so not enough room.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 5:01 AM on Aug. 27, 2010

• Simple solution!  If it's too big - get rid of it.  If it's too small - keep it.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 8:18 AM on Aug. 27, 2010

• i have a lot of clothes in my closet that are size 8 to 14 also i can still fit in some of the 14s but i am more likely into a 12 and im waiting to get back down to an 8. i have lost 1/2 in inch so far still struggling but im determined to get to where i want to be again..good luck! but i have the clothes that are to big in the back of my closet and the ones i can wear in the front and i match up my clothes shirt and pants on the same hanger saves a little room..
    mama_lively

Answer by mama_lively at 8:31 AM on Aug. 27, 2010

• nope
    san78

Answer by san78 at 1:27 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• No, anything I haven't worn in the past six months, I give away.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 4:33 PM on Aug. 27, 2010