I gave birth to a girl 9 weeks ago with a c-section and i was wondering How long does it take for your belly to go down i want to start exercising but im afraid cause of my c-section is there anything i can do or will it go down on its own!!!!

belly bump

monique06152010

Asked by monique06152010 at 12:15 AM on Aug. 27, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• This is something you need to ask your doctor since no one knows how you c-section went
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 12:24 AM on Aug. 27, 2010

• I have had 4 c-sections. General rule of thumb is no exercising for about 6-12 months. Things stretched for 9, give it about that long to recover. I started working out a month post partum with my second, and now I have scar tissue so bad it has adhered my insides to places they shouldnt be- really screwed things up for subsequent pregnancies.... For example, my uterus is attached to my stomach muscles- outside of the peritoneum, and is way up behind my belly button.... Dr. can't remove the scar tissue or my uterus because if he did, that would increase the risk of my intestines adhering to my muscles....Don't exercise for quite some time. Just eat healthy choices, get out and walk- no crunches, weight lifting, etc.
    KariLyn84

Answer by KariLyn84 at 12:40 AM on Aug. 27, 2010

• your dr will tell you when its ok to go back to the gym. I had a natural birth and the dr still made me wait 9 weeks, I didnt tear or anything
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 4:07 AM on Aug. 27, 2010

• talk to your dr and come up with a workout plan together
    3xangel

Answer by 3xangel at 10:11 AM on Aug. 27, 2010

• ask ur doc and gl
    san78

Answer by san78 at 1:27 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• It can take about 6 weeks for your belly to go down or more. Breastfeeding helps pull the uterus down more also. With c-section the 6-12 months is the usual.
    SultryLadyBug

Answer by SultryLadyBug at 3:56 AM on Aug. 28, 2010

• I would wait to consult your dr. before working out.
    ethans_momma06

Answer by ethans_momma06 at 1:56 AM on Aug. 29, 2010

• I'd ask your Dr when you are allowed to excersize.
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 6:46 AM on Aug. 29, 2010