Lego birthday party idea

Can I get some feedback on these? Thanks!!
1. Thinking of making the cake like a big lego piece with cupcakes on top of the cake. Yellow maybe.

2. Hoping to find some legos as party favors. Wondering if the girls will like these or would rather something else?

3. Bringing our own legos for kids to build with- maybe see who can make the best tower or something.

4. We are playing miniature golf, too. What Foods would go? I cannot cook at the golf place, this has to all be prepared ahead of time. I was thinking maybe pizza, lasagna, cake & ice cream. Really not sure about the food...

txdaniella

Asked by txdaniella at 12:16 AM on Aug. 27, 2010 in Holidays

• 1. That's a great idea for a cake!

2. A small set of legos for each party favor is a good idea; a grab-bag idea would be a keychain with a lego person on it, a lego magnet, and maybe a lego pen or some lego candy. Go to your local lego store (if there's one nearby!) and they usually have neat little things like that.

3. You are so creative; I like this idea, too! I would maybe give the kids a time limit, like 3-5 minutes, and then hand out awards for the tallest tower, the most complex tower, the most original idea, etc :) Depending on how many kids you have at the party, you can either make sure everybody gets an award (if you only have 5 or 6 kids) or maybe just have three awards (if there are a bunch of kids, like 10-20).

4. Lasagna probably isn't a good idea because it's so messy, but pizza would work. Stromboli is an even less messy alternative. Chips/pretzels or a fruit tray for a side, & cake & ice cream! :D
    SAHM_USAF

Answer by SAHM_USAF at 2:22 PM on Aug. 27, 2010