Im pulling my hair out!!! Ugh!!!

Okay so I have two children, a 6 yr old daughter and a 3 yr old son! Ever since my daughter started back in school, four days ago, my 3 yr old son is DRIVING ME INSANE!!! He wont listen to a thing I tell him to do! I know I went through this with my daughter but not nearly as bad!!! Im seriously going NUTS!!! On top of that, I work a graveyard shift on the weekends... 4pm to 4am... during the week I have to completely turn my life around and shoot for going to bed early and getting up early to get my daughter and, well as of next week, my son, off to school in the mornings! Im dying! The house is a wreck cause Im exhausted! I cant be in bed at ten, 4 nights and stay up until 6am the other 3 "nights"! Ugh... Why is being a mother so damn hard sometimes? Anyone else going "insane"?

sxc_mom_of2

Asked by sxc_mom_of2 at 12:23 AM on Aug. 27, 2010 in General Parenting

• I am sorry to hear this. Do you have anyone who can watch them for alittle bit till you feel better. GL
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 12:28 AM on Aug. 27, 2010

• The thing is... I feel GUILTY for asking anyone in my family to babysit for me! I feel like my kids are my responsibility and that I should be able to handle it all... I just feel like Im letting myself down! Plus if I did have anyone watch them... what would I do? For the last 7 yrs, I havent been anywhere without at least one of my kids with me! I know thats all my problem but I just need a little vent session... sorry.... I think that I just fill my plate too full and get overwhelmed easy! For the last 6 months I have been going nuts for one reason or another! I try to be a super mom, try to volunteer for every school activity, car pooling, etc... My mother wasnt like that.... she was always toooooo busy for her kids (so it seemed) and I dont want my kids to feel that way... therefore I overwhelm myself until Im seriously PULLING my hair out!!! ugh... any helpful hints or suggestions?
    sxc_mom_of2

Comment by sxc_mom_of2 (original poster) at 12:40 AM on Aug. 27, 2010

• anyone wanna buy me an all expense paid trip to anywhere nice, just for one, for a few days? I need some ME time!!!
    sxc_mom_of2

Comment by sxc_mom_of2 (original poster) at 12:41 AM on Aug. 27, 2010

• honey i only have one and my sister watches her a few times a week because ik that i need to rest sometimes. just because your kids are yours doesn't mean you can't ask for help
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 1:01 AM on Aug. 27, 2010

• very true! My mother just makes me feel selfish for asking and my father is, well... depressed and always drunk... My brothers arent responsible enough or arent free to ever watch my kids... I feel like its an inconvenience to everyone when I ask! My kids are so good, they are angels and are far from little snots... They behave (for the most part)... I have a 3 yr old but usually he is easily entertained! I will just have to bring it to myself to ask someone! OH and plus I work weekends so my only time that I could be "free" would be during the week, when everyone else in the world has to work the next day! UGH!!!
    Thanks for everyones help! Its really greatly appreciated!!!
    sxc_mom_of2

Comment by sxc_mom_of2 (original poster) at 1:08 AM on Aug. 27, 2010

• have you talked to any neighbors to see if they may know of any young girls that can come in and babysit a couple hours a day so that you can just even go to the store by yourself. I know how hard it is. I work odd hours with my job also and if it weren't for my husband and my parents I would probably go insane and want to pull my hair out also. Once they are both back in school that will help out some. Just keep doing the best you can and one day they will both appreciate all that you have done for them. I would look into seeing if you can hire a teenager to babysit once in a while.
    sonsmom

Answer by sonsmom at 5:53 AM on Aug. 27, 2010

• Thank you all for all the wonderful ideas! I really appreciate your help and advice! :)
    sxc_mom_of2

Comment by sxc_mom_of2 (original poster) at 11:42 AM on Aug. 27, 2010